• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC dinner in Madison? for ribs at Fat Jacks on Monona Drive?

GlockRDH

Any interest in a get-together in the next couple of months..? If so, Ill talk to them about OC and if we can get enough people Ill see if they would give us the AYCE ribs/chicken on a Saturday...(that special is only tues-thrus)
Any interest? Any Saturday better than anyother?

Flipper

Campaign Veteran
Me - If any of the Blain's of Farm & Fleet fame would want to show up, I'll pick up their tab.

Last edited:

XDFDE45

I'd love to. Have a general idea of a date?

protias, if the date works for me and you need I could pick you up. Being in Milwaukee I go past your area.

Last edited:

Motofixxer

I have heard Smoky John's BBQ is good on Packers, but never actually been there. I have been to Famous Daves a few times. They are decent most of the time. I think their catered BBQ is actually better than in the restaurant.

Flipper

Campaign Veteran
I have heard Smoky John's BBQ is good on Packers, but never actually been there. I have been to Famous Daves a few times. They are decent most of the time. I think their catered BBQ is actually better than in the restaurant.

They are located in the People's Republic of Political Correctness.

IcrewUH60

eaten there (Smokey Jon's) twice, and while I won't steer anyone away from the place (other than the fact that it's located in madison) I was not impressed. My opinion is that he focuses on sauces (look at his awards) and does a so so job on the meat. All in all it's kind of tough to serve "great" pulled pork in a commercial environment unless you are literally burning through pork butts every day... which I don't think he does and I can taste the difference. I am a little biased as I like to compete in BBQ Comps.

Service was great though!

Last edited: