Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 92

Thread: T-Shirt order possible read more inside!

  1. #1
    Accomplished Advocate
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Freeport, Maine, United States
    Posts
    667

    T-Shirt order possible read more inside!

    Hey guys so I am thinking about ordering some t-shirts. The t-shirts can either a) be MOCA shirts, b) be Maine Constitutional Carry shirts, c) be open carry oriented or, d) simply just carry oriented. If there is interest please state how many you would purchase, as well as what kind you would like. Once I know where the interest is I will have a logo design made up and I will order the t-shirts. There is a 12 order minimum so the sooner we garner interest the sooner we will order! :-) The idea came from Virginia where they just got these t-shirts in:

    Thanks goes to Ed Levine as I stole the picture off of his facebook profile!

    ALSO***** if you have ANY ideas for the t-shirts, possibly a catchy slogan or two please post them here!
    Last edited by shanebelanger; 03-30-2011 at 03:44 PM.

  2. #2
    Founder's Club Member - Moderator ed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    4,848
    Once you get the logo/design.. you can upload it to Zazzle.com and people can pay for and order their own shirt/size/color/etc.
    Carry On.

    Ed

    VirginiaOpenCarry.Org (Coins, Shirts and Patches)
    - - - -
    For VA Open Carry Cards send a S.A.2S.E. to: Ed's OC cards, Box 16143, Wash DC 20041-6143 (they are free but some folks enclose a couple bucks too)

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Tinker AFB, ,
    Posts
    75
    Depending on logo I'd buy two MOCA/OC shirts, maybe one general carry shirt.

  4. #4
    Regular Member WantsToCarry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Auburn/Lewiston Area Maine
    Posts
    64
    Quote Originally Posted by shanebelanger View Post
    ALSO***** if you have ANY ideas for the t-shirts, possibly a catchy slogan or two please post them here!
    Gimmie a couple days, I'll try to get something posted for ya.

  5. #5
    Regular Member crdonov's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    south portland, Maine, USA
    Posts
    463
    i wil take 3, will do anything for maine open carry!!!

  6. #6
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Auburn , Maine, USA
    Posts
    7

    Thumbs up

    cool im in ..

  7. #7
    Regular Member crdonov's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    south portland, Maine, USA
    Posts
    463
    Quote Originally Posted by shanebelanger View Post
    Hey guys so I am thinking about ordering some t-shirts. The t-shirts can either a) be MOCA shirts, b) be Maine Constitutional Carry shirts, c) be open carry oriented or, d) simply just carry oriented. If there is interest please state how many you would purchase, as well as what kind you would like. Once I know where the interest is I will have a logo design made up and I will order the t-shirts. There is a 12 order minimum so the sooner we garner interest the sooner we will order! :-) The idea came from Virginia where they just got these t-shirts in:

    Thanks goes to Ed Levine as I stole the picture off of his facebook profile!

    ALSO***** if you have ANY ideas for the t-shirts, possibly a catchy slogan or two please post them here!
    i think a Maine Constitutional logo!!! what ever you deside, ill buy three!!!

  8. #8
    Accomplished Advocate
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Freeport, Maine, United States
    Posts
    667
    I just sent the idea off to a guy that is a wonderful graphic designer and has helped MOCA out in the past. I'll keep everyone updated on what he says if he can help us. This is the same person who designed our current MOCA logo.

  9. #9
    Regular Member crdonov's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    south portland, Maine, USA
    Posts
    463
    Quote Originally Posted by shanebelanger View Post
    I just sent the idea off to a guy that is a wonderful graphic designer and has helped MOCA out in the past. I'll keep everyone updated on what he says if he can help us. This is the same person who designed our current MOCA logo.
    right on!!!

  10. #10
    McX
    Guest
    not as stylish as a WisconsinCarry t-shirt, but still a head turner. i'll have to buy some when you get them out for my collection!

  11. #11
    Accomplished Advocate
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Freeport, Maine, United States
    Posts
    667
    Quote Originally Posted by McX View Post
    not as stylish as a WisconsinCarry t-shirt, but still a head turner. i'll have to buy some when you get them out for my collection!
    post a pic of the wisconsin carry shirt perhaps???

  12. #12
    McX
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by shanebelanger View Post
    post a pic of the wisconsin carry shirt perhaps???
    they can be viewed, and ordered from the WisconsinCarry site, where all the beautiful Wisconsin people go.

    http://www.wisconsincarry.org/default.html

  13. #13
    Accomplished Advocate
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Freeport, Maine, United States
    Posts
    667
    I can't seem to get a hold of the graphics designer. Is anyone good with graphics and possibly could whip something up?

  14. #14
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Tinker AFB, ,
    Posts
    75
    McX

    Can't read what the shirts say on the site, do you know what it says?

  15. #15
    Regular Member WantsToCarry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Auburn/Lewiston Area Maine
    Posts
    64


    Uploaded with ImageShack.us

    Real rough, did it in about 5 minutes. let me know what you think.

    NOTE******* Please don't be upset for me stealing the Real Loaded Legal portion of the shirt above. I just loved the Slogan so much I wanted to add it in to my quick image.

    Double PS: Crap I forgot the add the A in MOCA.
    Last edited by WantsToCarry; 04-04-2011 at 10:55 PM.

  16. #16
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Lyman, Maine
    Posts
    905
    I would change some of the fonts for readability, and add the A to MOCA, other than that I like it a lot. Maybe go black background white writing... White shirts get dirty too fast...
    Last edited by boyscout399; 04-05-2011 at 03:25 AM.

  17. #17
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Granite State of Mind
    Posts
    4,510
    Looks French. Then again, Maine is pretty much surrounded by French Canadians.

  18. #18
    McX
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by hightecrebel View Post
    McX

    Can't read what the shirts say on the site, do you know what it says?
    i beleive it's a quote from our state Constitution that says we citizens can 'have' guns for hunting, recreation, defense, and any other lawful purpose. i like the pic of your proposed shirts, the colors are great, and it will be VERY eye catching!

  19. #19
    Regular Member WantsToCarry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Auburn/Lewiston Area Maine
    Posts
    64
    Thanks for the comments. I agree that the shirts should be black, I dont do well with white. I do like my Red/white/blue bit so i kept it for the second design. I have also changed the font to something more simple.



    Uploaded with ImageShack.us

    Let me know.

  20. #20
    Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    North Chesterfield, Va.
    Posts
    34,622
    Quote Originally Posted by boyscout399 View Post
    I would change some of the fonts for readability, and add the A to MOCA, other than that I like it a lot. Maybe go black background white writing... White shirts get dirty too fast...
    Black T-shirts, while popular too, would require a completely different set-up. Stand alone verbiage would need to be white or a color as you can't print black on black.

    White shirts only require 2-3 colors, whereas black shirts would require five(5)
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

    Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

  21. #21
    Regular Member crdonov's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    south portland, Maine, USA
    Posts
    463
    Quote Originally Posted by WantsToCarry View Post
    Thanks for the comments. I agree that the shirts should be black, I dont do well with white. I do like my Red/white/blue bit so i kept it for the second design. I have also changed the font to something more simple.



    Uploaded with ImageShack.us

    Let me know.
    i really like this one!!!

  22. #22
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Lyman, Maine
    Posts
    905
    Quote Originally Posted by WantsToCarry View Post
    Thanks for the comments. I agree that the shirts should be black, I dont do well with white. I do like my Red/white/blue bit so i kept it for the second design. I have also changed the font to something more simple.



    Uploaded with ImageShack.us

    Let me know.
    I like this one better than the first. The MOCA in the outline doesn't stand out though. I dunno if the red/white/blue stripes detract from the lettering. I understand the patriotic value of thecoloring, but how about red blue and white vertical stripes with white writing in the blue center stripe. That would also eliminate the 5 color problem Grapeshot mentioned as we would be back to 3 colors... and don't capitalize the .Org. Again just my 2 cents. take it or leave it.
    Last edited by boyscout399; 04-05-2011 at 05:12 PM.

  23. #23
    Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    North Chesterfield, Va.
    Posts
    34,622
    Suggestion:

    Try it with the www.maineopencarry.org in all lower case

    Consider vertical red, white (center) and blue w/MOCA on white.
    Actually I like the present color/MOCA arrangement, but I am not a voting member.

    Maybe the "Real, Loaded and its Legal" would benefit from being a slightly small font.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

    Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

  24. #24
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Auburn , Maine, USA
    Posts
    7
    ya it does look like the french flag .. need to add some stars ..

  25. #25
    Regular Member WantsToCarry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Auburn/Lewiston Area Maine
    Posts
    64
    All suggestions/criticisms are welcome! Im going to go for a round three, see what you guys think. Be back in a few.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •