• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Hey guys I need some help (should be easy)

MikeTheGreek

A few days ago I saw a topic, not sure if it was on here or the MOS forums, but it had a user-made list of places that didn't allow firearms. It was places like..taco bell on certain areas, and some movie theaters in Livonia.

I for some reason haven't been able to find this list for the past few days, if anybody knows where it is, or any other ones like it can you please throw a link my way? thanks

Bronson

I was under the impression that MCRGO actually makes some effort to double check that the businesses submitted actually do have a "no guns" policy.

Bronson

Super Trucker

I was under the impression that MCRGO actually makes some effort to double check that the businesses submitted actually do have a "no guns" policy.

Bronson

I just clicked the link and up near the top I see the Gibraltar Trade Center listed. I have OCed there many times with no issues, they have monthly gun shows and as you enter the show area they make you unload and zip tie your gun (just like most other shows in MI). I
f they were a no guns allowed business, why would they ask you to unload once you are in the show area and allow you to reload as you leave the show area, as opposed to asking you to leave the building?
If I were a betting person I would say somebody listed the Trade Center because of the small section of the building they use one weekend a month for a gun show.

I didn't even read any farther.

BTW: For those not from the area, the folks working the entrance to the show are trade center security, not a gun show promoter employee. They have you unload and reload over a 55 gallon barrel filled with sand.
The entrance to the gun show area is in the center of the half million square foot building.

Haman J.T.

I just clicked the link and up near the top I see the Gibraltar Trade Center listed. I have OCed there many times with no issues, they have monthly gun shows and as you enter the show area they make you unload and zip tie your gun (just like most other shows in MI). I
f they were a no guns allowed business, why would they ask you to unload once you are in the show area and allow you to reload as you leave the show area, as opposed to asking you to leave the building?
If I were a betting person I would say somebody listed the Trade Center because of the small section of the building they use one weekend a month for a gun show.

I didn't even read any farther.

BTW: For those not from the area, the folks working the entrance to the show are trade center security, not a gun show promoter employee. They have you unload and reload over a 55 gallon barrel filled with sand.
The entrance to the gun show area is in the center of the half million square foot building.
Recently I OCed to the gun show at the Taylor site,and was asked to cover up when I reloaded to leave after buying a gun there.Not so at the Mount Clemons site!

Last edited:

Super Trucker

Recently I OCed to the gun show at the Taylor site,and was asked to cover up when I reloaded to leave after buying a gun there.Not so at the Mount Clemons site!

That must be something new then. If they said cover up that is not the same as the list saying they are a no guns allowed business though.

Big Gay Al

Michigan Moderator
A few days ago I saw a topic, not sure if it was on here or the MOS forums, but it had a user-made list of places that didn't allow firearms. It was places like..taco bell on certain areas, and some movie theaters in Livonia.

I for some reason haven't been able to find this list for the past few days, if anybody knows where it is, or any other ones like it can you please throw a link my way? thanks
Taco Bell?!? No way man, say it ain't so!! Hey, wait a minute, Lil Freak, Venator and I ate at the Taco Bell in South Lansing late last year. So I know they can't be on the list.