Thread: please help!

please help!

hey guys,my neighbor here in florida is wanting to get a rifle and a pistol of his recently deceased father from connecticut sent to him here(florida).what would he need to do?i tried looking up connecticut firearm laws on transfer and it seems that the transferee would need a pistol permit.his sister is currently in possesion of the firearms.here in florida,a permit isn`t required.just filling out form 4473 is required.i was thinking of calling a gun shop tomorrow,but would like some help from you guys out there.thanks,bob

Arrange a transfer through a CT FFL to a FL FFL. No CT permit is required to receive a firearm transferred from CT out of state. The recipient must fill out a 4473 at the FL dealer and pay a transfer fee, but no other special paperwork is required for a Title 1 firearm.

To put that in simple non legalese terms. Have whoever is in possession of the guns in CT go to a local CT gunshop and have them ship them to a dealer in FL.

While shipping from a dealer is not a legal requirement, it will make things simpler for someone whos not up on all the necessary laws.

Someone could also drive them down to FL if they are making a trip. Its perfectly legal.