• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

please help!

bobthegunslinger

hey guys,my neighbor here in florida is wanting to get a rifle and a pistol of his recently deceased father from connecticut sent to him here(florida).what would he need to do?i tried looking up connecticut firearm laws on transfer and it seems that the transferee would need a pistol permit.his sister is currently in possesion of the firearms.here in florida,a permit isn`t required.just filling out form 4473 is required.i was thinking of calling a gun shop tomorrow,but would like some help from you guys out there.thanks,bob

Hef

Arrange a transfer through a CT FFL to a FL FFL. No CT permit is required to receive a firearm transferred from CT out of state. The recipient must fill out a 4473 at the FL dealer and pay a transfer fee, but no other special paperwork is required for a Title 1 firearm.

dcmdon

To put that in simple non legalese terms. Have whoever is in possession of the guns in CT go to a local CT gunshop and have them ship them to a dealer in FL.

While shipping from a dealer is not a legal requirement, it will make things simpler for someone whos not up on all the necessary laws.

Someone could also drive them down to FL if they are making a trip. Its perfectly legal.