• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Annoying Employee at Mill's Fleet Farm

Drakon

Sounds like the guys was pretty much a dipstick. That said he is right about the drivers license. If you do not have you current address on you DL then it is not considered a valid ID. If you put your old address down on the 4473 or State handgun form then you are lying on a government form and can be prosecuted for such.

It an annoying, but that's how they (gov) want it. It's kind of the same thing if you have an ID or DL that's expired. The info may all be correct, but just because it's expired, it's not valid.

Had this happen a few years ago while buying a gun at Gander Mountain in Brookfield. Was in college at the time so my address wasn't accurate on my DL. Went down the street to the State Patrol Headquarters and picked up a change of address sticker from the lobby(place was closed). Wrote my new address on it and stuck it to the back of my license....problem solved. Went back to Gander and bought the gun. Kinda ridiculous but that is one way to solve that without having to get a new DL.