• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Reno Meetup 4/16

john-in-reno

Ok lets see if there are people in the Reno/Sparks area!

There has not been any kind of meeting here in Reno for about 6 months all the while Las Vegas has meetings every month and get out educate people about the gun laws.

I propose we meet at Jacks Restaurant at 8am for breakfast, the food is cheap and it is good, also if you don't have the money for a full breakfast how about just a coffee and a chance to put a face with the names on the board.

Jacks Resturant
2200 Victorian Ave
Sparks, NV 89431
(775) 331-8184

Let me know if you are going to be attending so I can give them some sort of idea how many people are going to be there

chrsjhnsn

I will try very hard to attend, right now I'm saying maybe-but trying to attend, my motorcycle needs two new tires plus 8am mean I have to leave by 0530 to get there on time

john-in-reno

Ok, so far we have 2 (my self and my wife and yes she OC's:D) that will be there and 3 maybe's

So at this point I don't need to reserve any space, If anybody else is going and have not posted yet let me know, if not it might be a tight squeeze getting 20 people in 1 booth! :lol:

john-in-reno

My wife and I would like to go, but with her being 38 weeks pregnant all of our time is currently dedicated to prepping the house for a newborn.

Congratz to you, and no problem, there will be plenty of other times!

I hope to see the ones that can make it there!

Amethyst Sky

Reno Meeting

My husband & I enjoyed a nice breakfast here but saw no one else. Would love to see these group get-togethers grow! Look forward to seeing more participants at the next one. And congrats to the 'njeske' couple with their soon to be arrival !

chrsjhnsn

8am is to early for me, but I would like to attend open carry events in the future, now that the weather is cooperating maybe a pot luck picnic by the river downtown is in order

john-in-reno

Sorry, I had to be out of the area this morning.
No need to be sorry, we all have things that we need to take care of

8am is to early for me, but I would like to attend open carry events in the future, now that the weather is cooperating maybe a pot luck picnic by the river downtown is in order
That sounds like a great idea!

Do we want to go to wingfield park (not sure if they have BBQ pits), or we could go to the Sparks Marina!, I know they have BBQ pits and I know there is a need to educate the people, police and park ranger that frequent the park!

and I was thinking that if we made 1 side dish each to share with everyone, and BYOM (Bring Your Own Meat), start about noon or so.

Let me know what you all think and lets get the ball rolling! How does the 21st of may sound??

chrsjhnsn

I have to check a calendar but the 21st looks promising for me, I agree on Sparks Marina too-bbq pits and maybe that Ranger will have to watch as we enjoy our rights and some good bbq