• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

How many rounds do you carry?

How many rounds do you carry?

• Total voters

aa1911

1911 = 24 rounds at least.

My G35 = 45-47 rounds.

Pistol bag with another few hundred rounds is never far off either though.... along with spare holster, mags, cleaning kit, repair parts, eyes/ears, etc.

:banana:

Grim_Night

My daily/only carry at this point is a Smith & Wesson M&P .40 with 15+1 in the firearm on my right hip and an extra 2 15 round mags on my left hip for a total of 46 rounds.

Gallowmere

7+1 in the holstered gun, plus another 8 round mag, for my 1911. I may very well switch to something with a higher capacity for my daily carry. I, more or less, just want something lighter, and that I don't give a damn if it gets a bit beat up. A Glock 19 should serve that purpose just fine, seeing as how they are ugly as piss before they even have the first scuff on them. Once I make that switch, it will be 15+1, and a 15 round spare, so 31.

MSG Laigaie

Campaign Veteran
Funny thing, no one here carries a cop.:rolleyes:

I still cannot find a good retention holster that holds a cop.

This is a good necro thread.........

Still a good thread. Welcome to OCDO poet.

The time might becoming for web/ mollie gear and a full combat load.

Still got mine in the "bug out closet" A couple of good sets of body armor too. Like the firearm on my hip, I do not want to "need" it, but it is their "just in case".

poetdante

I still cannot find a good retention holster that holds a cop.
I'm sure there are ways to have a cop around you at all times...

Still a good thread. Welcome to OCDO poet.
Thanks! Long time reader

Still got mine in the "bug out closet" A couple of good sets of body armor too. Like the firearm on my hip, I do not want to "need" it, but it is their "just in case".
Mine's in the closet too. Wait that came out wrong :shocker: But no seriously, never enough ammo. Is 14 AR mags with the rig and another 10 in the B.O.B too much? Once I get armor (plates) it's gonna get heavy. But somehow when I carry ammo, it feels lighter than the scale says...

Come to think of it, I've always seen people demonstrating OC with rifles and such to make a point (ala youtube) but there are never videos of citizens with just a lot of mags and a couple OC handguns getting hassled by cops. In either case you never know what you will have to go through. People say "if I can't get out of the situation in X rounds then I'm in the wrong situation. What about a flash mob riot? You have 200 guys running after you you're going to want something with more "detergent", er "deterrent factor".

Rusty Young Man

Come to think of it, I've always seen people demonstrating OC with rifles and such to make a point (ala youtube) but there are never videos of citizens with just a lot of mags and a couple OC handguns getting hassled by cops.

Good observation, I'd noticed that trend as well (except for places like Texas, where LGOC is the only way to carry "modern" guns openly, and obviously the People's Democratic Republic of Kalifornia).

In either case you never know what you will have to go through. People say "if I can't get out of the situation in X rounds then I'm in the wrong situation. What about a flash mob riot? You have 200 guys running after you you're going to want something with more "detergent", er "deterrent factor".

I'd answer with: "That's like saying 'If I need to carry a gun, I'm in the wrong part of town', except less blatant". I only carry 22 rounds at the moment, but that doesn't mean I don't want to carry more ammo (because I would feel safer carrying more). It might also be like saying that you don't need to carry more than one gun (I don't have a BUG yet).

Last edited:

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
6 - 9 of .45, depending on whether it's a revolver or a 1911.

The pistol is to get me OUT of a firefight, not into one.

Last edited:

Primus

Well said.

One of the best things ive heard posted in this thread.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

arentol

Just got an XDS in .45. Once it tests out good at the range I will be carrying 6 in the gun and 7 in a spare magazine most of the time.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Primus

Just got an XDS in .45. Once it tests out good at the range I will be carrying 6 in the gun and 7 in a spare magazine most of the time.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Why only 6 in gun? Is it a 7 rd magazine?

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

poetdante

Exactly. Getting out of a firefight. Isn't the general rule to keep firing until the threat has ended (either they are down or you have escaped)? A single firearm works for most situations (1-5 guys trying to mug you). But a group (aka herd) mentality is "you can't stop us all" and if you can demonstrate that you have enough to take down more than a handful, then they might reconsider, or start shooting; who knows I'm just a city slicker. Yes flash mobs of violent youth rarely happens, but based on recent events I do have to wonder, if you can carry extra rounds, why not? Or even better, carry different ammo types! Customize your ammo based on the situation! Be flexible.

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
Why only 6 in gun? Is it a 7 rd magazine?

XDS standard magazine is 5, so the gun is normally a 5+1. The extended magazines are 7, but make the gun longer so might not be good for where it is being carried. I don't like them at all, and only have the 5-round magazines for mine.