• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

How many rounds do you carry?

How many rounds do you carry?

• Total voters

meggers

A little background: I had a dream last night that I had to defend my self with my weapon and, after firing off several rounds, ran out of ammo. I'd call it more of a nightmare.

So... here's the question (just for thoughts):

How many rounds do you carry with you (on your person) when you OC/CC? In other words, what number have you found comfort with if you ever needed them to save your life?

Please cast your vote and/or leave a comment.

Last edited:

j2l3

This actually depends on which gun I am carrying. With my 1911 the number is 24. With my CZ 9mm it's 51, with my Ruger P94 .40 it's 30.....

meggers

This actually depends on which gun I am carrying. With my 1911 the number is 24. With my CZ 9mm it's 51, with my Ruger P94 .40 it's 30.....

51?! Now that's impressive.

For my G19, I carry 2 mags (double stack) of 15 each -- one of them in a single holster. I almost popped for a double holster but I'm a small dude and I think it would be too noticeable/uncomfortable when I CC.

j2l3

Yep, with my CZ it's 17 in the gun and 2 full mags on the belt. I'm 6'2" so the extra gear isn't much of an issue for me. Plus, after a 20 year AF Security Police careewr, I am used to carrying a lot of stuff.

amlevin

I kind of like to balance the load so to speak. I carry two "reloads" on the opposite side as my firearm. For my Sig that makes a total of 40 rounds (3 X 13 +1) and for my CZ that's a total of 58. (3 X 19 +1).

For me it's more a case of keeping my belt from sagging more on one side than the other. For the eventuality of a "confrontation" I believe my signature line says it all. ""If I shoot all the ammo I am carrying I either won't need anymore or more won't help".

As for carrying extra mags, should you ever draw your weapon and find for some unforeseen reason that the mag wasn't properly secured and fell out, it's easier to grab a reload than to start searching around your feet. Likewise for a feed problem. Jettison the mag and reload.

SpyderTattoo

If I'm carrying my Glock 21, it's 26, 13 per magazine ( .45 ACP ). If I'm carrying my Glock 30, it's 23. Loaded magazine is 10 rounds ( .45 ACP ) and my backup mag is one of my G21 mags with 13.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
This actually depends on which gun I am carrying. With my 1911 the number is 24.

You don't top off the mag in your 1911?

3 eight round mags + 1 in the tube = 25 rounds for my daily carry.

Just might have a box in close proximity too. :D

Wolf1477

For my 1911: 8+1 typically, occasionally a spare 8 rd mag in a pocket.

Edit: Didn't even notice this was in the WA sub. Dang "New Posts" button and me not looking.

Last edited:

Tawnos

with my PPS, generally I carry 15 - 7+1 in, spare 7 rounder. With my sig, I carry either 16 or 31, depending on if I want to bring an extra mag. Sometimes I'll wear a mag pouch, but not often

Fabricator

Daily carrier is a titanium .38 spl 5-shot "wheelie gun". In my pocket is a speed strip with 5 more rounds of the same Cor-Bon product in the firearm... When I carry the 6-shot .357 I carry the requisite 6 in the gun, and 2 speed-loaders.

Fabricator

DevinWKuska

If I need more that this in public, I will need more than a pistol.

+1

Unless I am going into a place I have not been, or feel uncomfortable I carry 17 (full mag for my Glock 17) or I carry 10(Taurus PT145). For the most part my opinion on handguns is they are simply a means to get you by untill you can find something bigger, or until someone else decides to join the fun!

Deleted_User

I carry 2 guns so take that into consideration

.45 ACPBeretta PX4 Storm loaded with 10 (1 extra 10 round mag) = 20 rounds
9mm Beretta 92FS loaded with q5 rounds (4 extra 15 round mags) = 75 rounds

I carry 95 rounds anywhere I go. This should allow me to get back to where the REAL Zombie Apocalypse stuff is stored.

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
I carry 2 guns so take that into consideration

.45 ACPBeretta PX4 Storm loaded with 10 (1 extra 10 round mag) = 20 rounds
9mm Beretta 92FS loaded with q5 rounds (4 extra 15 round mags) = 75 rounds

I carry 95 rounds anywhere I go. This should allow me to get back to where the REAL Zombie Apocalypse stuff is stored.

Unless there are 96 Zombie's??????

stainless1911

Banned
With 3 mags, a 9, 2 12's and one in the whole, I usually have 34, sometimes Ive got another 12 rd on me. .40S&W. Once I get the bug out of layaway, I'll have another 10+1, add a 10 rd mag, and another box of 50 in .22LR. At that time It will be around 117, unless Im in the car, which always has at least another hundred of each. When I clean it out, theres usually a few that get under the seats. so I would say in the car, its usually 3 to 4 hundred.:uhoh:

Outdoorsman1

XD 40 12+1 (fully loaded) plus a spare 12 round mag on the front of the holster = 25

Thinking about getting a couple more mags for the other side of the belt 12+12 = 24

Soon will be carrying 25+24 = 49

I suppose I could find room somewhere for a extra round to make it an even 50...

Outdoorsman1