Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: GoDaddy CEO Video Tapes Himself Shooting an Elephant

GoDaddy CEO Video Tapes Himself Shooting an Elephant

Now here's a headline I didn't expect to read this morning:

http://www.businessinsider.com/godad...lephant-2011-3

What do you guys make of this?
    Last edited by meggers; 03-31-2011 at 12:47 PM.

I love how the villagers ripped flesh off the elephant....its like a zombie movie...

Wonder if uncle ted was with him?

I think he fed a lot of people and saved quite a bit of crops from that elephant.

Banned
    If what he did was not unlawful, props to him for solving the problem of crop destruction.

...still waiting for the video to load, but anything that ticks off PETA gets props in my book
    It is very wise to not take a watermelon lightly.

thats nothing, any guy can shoot a Elephant and kill it....

Check this out: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/earth/wil...and-arrow.html

Groenewald-Hagerman, 39, sneaked into the animals herd and killed the creature with one shot from just 12 yards. The woman, from Kansas, was inspired to go on the safari after being challenged by a male friend who said women could never draw such a heavy bow.

She worked out for four hours a day for eight months to be able to draw the huge PSE XF Bow big enough to kill the majestic creature.

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    I just can't help wondering though if the Rich guy paid a permit that the locals couldn't afford to pay. They looked damned glad he did though.

Now I wonder what elephant tastes like? I heard it might taste like baby seal.....or was it bald eagle?
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Quote Originally Posted by sudden valley gunner View Post
    I just can't help wondering though if the Rich guy paid a permit that the locals couldn't afford to pay. They looked damned glad he did though.

Now I wonder what elephant tastes like? I heard it might taste like baby seal.....or was it bald eagle?
    Is there really any doubt? With a large bore double rifle, I'm sure he's got lots of permits the commoners don't get. But you do have to admit, under the circumstances it is a win-win for everyone involved.

In regards to your second question.... spotted owl. It definitely tastes like spotted owl.

Quote Originally Posted by M1Gunr View Post
    thats nothing, any guy can shoot a Elephant and kill it....

Check this out: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/earth/wil...and-arrow.html

Groenewald-Hagerman, 39, sneaked into the animals herd and killed the creature with one shot from just 12 yards. The woman, from Kansas, was inspired to go on the safari after being challenged by a male friend who said women could never draw such a heavy bow.

She worked out for four hours a day for eight months to be able to draw the huge PSE XF Bow big enough to kill the majestic creature.

I didn't know it was possible for anyone to take down an elephant with a single shot from a bow. And they don't even show a pic of the dang bow! Just look at the arms on that chick, nevermind the bow she could probably just rip a Buick in half & slap the thing to death with it.

I like hwo the article in the OP has a link to a group that supports not killing elephants. Well, if this guy didn't kill the elephant, that tribe of people could have been wiped out since the elephants were ruining the crop.

besides, its not like the elephant went to waste - quite a bit of people were fed off that one elephant, and they seemed happy that it was gone; especially since the other 'phants didn't come back
    Taurus PT1911 .45 ACP. Carried in condition 1, with a total of 25 rounds.

Vice President of Students for Concealed Carry on Campus, ECU Chapter

Quote Originally Posted by elixin77 View Post
    I like hwo the article in the OP has a link to a group that supports not killing elephants. Well, if this guy didn't kill the elephant, that tribe of people could have been wiped out since the elephants were ruining the crop.

besides, its not like the elephant went to waste - quite a bit of people were fed off that one elephant, and they seemed happy that it was gone; especially since the other 'phants didn't come back
    I had a friend from India tell me about this village were they were at war with the elephants, literally. Elephants being super smart would come in at night and trample a few people in their homes. Of course the villagers would retaliate, and then soon after the elephants would retaliate back. He wasn't sure who started the war.

"Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their

My wife is a full-on, 100%, absolute hephalump lover. She thinks they're the coolest animals ever, and would love to have her own sanctuary if we ever hit the gazillions.

When I told her about this story today, she had absolutely no problem with taking this elephant. Her biggest objection is hunting for ivory only, or as trophies only, but people come first: they got their crops, and their protein, and all is well.

I must be missing something

cause I couldn't find the video. I read the article and kept looking for a link to the video but never did find that. Is there a link in the article?

I don't see an issue.

This passes for news? Sounds like a non-issue to me.
    It takes a village to raise an idiot.

From the comments that PETA made it sounds like news that PETA hates starving Africans. Only, that is old not new news.

I found it darned interesting. Never knew that elephants were destructive like that. News doesn't have to be an "issue" y'know

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Such hypocrcily! That's outrageous! Makes me want to go out & shoot something, eat it's flesh, wear it's skin & put it's head on my wall just to piss them off.

Oh, wait, I wanna do that anyway

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In the picture the gal is holding the bow in her left hand...if you look carefully.

Quote Originally Posted by hermannr View Post
    In the picture the gal is holding the bow in her left hand...if you look carefully.
    ... point being?

Don't know a thing about archery. The pointy end goes toward the target right?

Quote Originally Posted by sudden valley gunner View Post

Penn and Teller did a great episode on PETA several years ago. It was the First episode of their second Season of "BullSh!t"

They have financial ties to the terrorist groups that fire bomb medical testing facilities.

Just type "Penn and teller PETA" into the "video" portion of your favorite search engine and you can find the whole episode online. It might be broken up into two or three parts.
    A wise and frugal Government, which shall restrain men from injuring one another, shall leave them otherwise free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned. This is the sum of good government.- Thomas Jefferson March 4 1801

Quote Originally Posted by hermannr View Post
    Right handed shooters do grip the bow with their left hands, and draw/release with the right.

Did I miss something that prompted your comment?

Pointless interjection of my family history: I'm almost totally right-handed, although I can (or once could; haven't tried in years) shoot a rifle left-handed just as well as right-handed. I can manage to qualify on the pistol range shooting weak-hand-only, but just barely. My 20 year old son is right-handed, but left-eye dominant, so he shoots left-handed.

My grandfather was completely ambidextrous. He would take a baseball in each hand, take two strides and throw both, and throw two strikes (he was a minor league catcher in Kansas City in the 1920s).

My dad was just "confused". He shot a pistol right-handed, rifle either-handed, shot a bow strictly right-handed, pitched right-handed but batted left, and golfed left-handed. After spending most of his 8th grade year with his right arm in a cast, he could write equally well with either hand for the rest of his life, with excellent penmanship.

Not that any of that has anything to do with the price of elephant meat in Africa.

Quote Originally Posted by END_THE_FED View Post
    Penn and Teller did a great episode on PETA several years ago. It was the First episode of their second Season of "BullSh!t"

They have financial ties to the terrorist groups that fire bomb medical testing facilities.

Just type "Penn and teller PETA" into the "video" portion of your favorite search engine and you can find the whole episode online. It might be broken up into two or three parts.
    Love that episode.

Quote Originally Posted by cabbitone View Post
    How does one arrange to go elephant hunting? (always wondered that)

Anyways, I don't understand why anyone should have an issue with this anymore then they would have shooting anything that is endangering the general populous. Aside from the fact that is it an elephant and most people are taught that they can do no wrong and have to be protected no matter what.
    I met some folks from Greenland and we became friends, they say every year they go seal hunting and make very nice parkas and jackets out of them. I told them I would buy one if they would make me one. The informed me Unfortunately U.S. law makes this illegal, they cannot send one into or Bring one into U.S. I think people from Greenland should ban American Brand shoes or anything made from the bovine mammal.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast