• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

GoDaddy CEO Video Tapes Himself Shooting an Elephant

END_THE_FED

Penn and Teller did a great episode on PETA several years ago. It was the First episode of their second Season of "BullSh!t"

They have financial ties to the terrorist groups that fire bomb medical testing facilities.

Just type "Penn and teller PETA" into the "video" portion of your favorite search engine and you can find the whole episode online. It might be broken up into two or three parts.

KBCraig

In the picture the gal is holding the bow in her left hand...if you look carefully.
Right handed shooters do grip the bow with their left hands, and draw/release with the right.

Did I miss something that prompted your comment?

Pointless interjection of my family history: I'm almost totally right-handed, although I can (or once could; haven't tried in years) shoot a rifle left-handed just as well as right-handed. I can manage to qualify on the pistol range shooting weak-hand-only, but just barely. My 20 year old son is right-handed, but left-eye dominant, so he shoots left-handed.

My grandfather was completely ambidextrous. He would take a baseball in each hand, take two strides and throw both, and throw two strikes (he was a minor league catcher in Kansas City in the 1920s).

My dad was just "confused". He shot a pistol right-handed, rifle either-handed, shot a bow strictly right-handed, pitched right-handed but batted left, and golfed left-handed. After spending most of his 8th grade year with his right arm in a cast, he could write equally well with either hand for the rest of his life, with excellent penmanship.

Not that any of that has anything to do with the price of elephant meat in Africa. ;)

sudden valley gunner

Penn and Teller did a great episode on PETA several years ago. It was the First episode of their second Season of "BullSh!t"

They have financial ties to the terrorist groups that fire bomb medical testing facilities.

Just type "Penn and teller PETA" into the "video" portion of your favorite search engine and you can find the whole episode online. It might be broken up into two or three parts.

Love that episode.

sudden valley gunner

How does one arrange to go elephant hunting? (always wondered that)

Anyways, I don't understand why anyone should have an issue with this anymore then they would have shooting anything that is endangering the general populous. Aside from the fact that is it an elephant and most people are taught that they can do no wrong and have to be protected no matter what.

I met some folks from Greenland and we became friends, they say every year they go seal hunting and make very nice parkas and jackets out of them. I told them I would buy one if they would make me one. The informed me Unfortunately U.S. law makes this illegal, they cannot send one into or Bring one into U.S. I think people from Greenland should ban American Brand shoes or anything made from the bovine mammal.

sudden valley gunner

A sealskin parka?!? Ooooh I want one! But only if it's a baby seal. Freshly clubbed.

...and I thot no one lived on Greenland permanently?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh yea they still do, the vikings would have lasted all this time if they would have listened to the local, people on how to survive. But when our current global cooling kicked in they couldn't support their lifestyle and crops and herds on Greenland and died and left off.

They are part of the Denmark Kingdom but independently ruled like Canada is to Britain.

My friends were dutch/innuit mix and it was interesting to hear them mix the languages up in their speaking with each other.

Apparently they make a fine wetsuit as well. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DCAsXhyLofI

Gotta love Bear. I really wanted the parka they say it is better than any synthetic "man made" jacket.