Thread: IWB holsters

IWB holsters

Does anyone open carry with a IWB holster? I'm assuming this is ok as long as the firearm isn't completely covered.

For those that use an IWB holster, any recommendations?

Much thanks

What are you carrying? Yes, you can use an IWB holster as long as the shirt doesn't cover it up.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

IWB Holsters are considered to conceal the sidearm.

I have 3 that I use when I carry outside Wisconsin or while I am doing something here that requires it.

Crossbreed Super Tuck Deluxe:

It is an OK holster, I have had it for about 2 months and is is still not broken in. Even though I have a lot of time invested in trying to get it to conform. It also took longer than expected to get here, but I was not complaining when I saw the craftsmanship. It is easy to draw from, and very easy to re-holster. All in all, I give it a fairly good opinion.

C. Rusty Sherrick Custom:

This is my oldest, and is in excellent condition. The leather is sturdy and it will handle just about anything I have thrown at it like it was nothing. This is the best holster I have ever had or seen.

Galco Triton Kydex:

This thing is nasty uncomfortable. I got it because the one I was wearing in TN last year was having retention problems and it was a total waste of my money. I ended up spending the rest of the trip only carrying my back up with a pocket holster.

So I would suggest (If you can afford it) to go with a total custom leather holster like my C. Rusty Sherrick, but if you can't I would say go with the Super Tuck Deluxe. I use the one of the 2 in all of my CC courses, and when I am traveling out of Wisconsin. And I always have both with me just in case.

But that is just my opinion.
    Last edited by CalicoJack10; 03-31-2011 at 01:28 PM.
    I am Calico Jack,,,, And I approve this message!
    (Paid for by the blood of patriots, and Calico Jack Defense)
    Calico Jack Defense

sorry - my bad. it probably would have been helpful to mention the pistol type. DUH!!

G19 and 9mm XDM are my current pistols.

thanks guys

We had this discussion a while ago. Even with a IWB holster, if the grip is visible, your good. I've carried my Walther p1 a bit, and the holster for it covers like 99.9% of the gun. Never had any problems with that either.

Can you point me at that thread, I would like to read it. thanks
    Calico Jack Defense

Quote Originally Posted by CalicoJack10 View Post
    Can you point me at that thread, I would like to read it. thanks
    Pretty slow in the shop tonight, ill look. :-)

Here is one I found,
    http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...side+waistband

I'm on my phone, but I can post the other ones when I get home.

I make IWB in several styles for several sidearms. They can be seen here: http://buffaloholstercompany.blogspot.com/

Each holster is handmade out of 7-10oz. leather and Heavy kydex. I build each one as if I were building it for myself.
    They are guaranteed for life (materials and workmanship). I source the best materials and fasteners I can get my hands.

As for carry, I have used one for carry for many years in AZ. I used one here when I first started to carry. I also use a belt holster that features retention. I have no preference.

Hardballer out!
    Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid. Han Solo

http://buffaloholstercompany.blogspot.com/ Concealment holsters IWB, SOB, and belt slide. Open Carry too. New from Buffalo Holster, Women's holsters for concealment and or belt carry.

Quote Originally Posted by hardballer View Post
    I make IWB in several styles for several sidearms. They can be seen here: http://buffaloholstercompany.blogspot.com/

Each holster is handmade out of 7-10oz. leather and Heavy kydex. I build each one as if I were building it for myself.
    They are guaranteed for life (materials and workmanship). I source the best materials and fasteners I can get my hands.

As for carry, I have used one for carry for many years in AZ. I used one here when I first started to carry. I also use a belt holster that features retention. I have no preference.

Hardballer out!
    PM Comin at ya...

LR Yote
    *NOTE: No Longer under the tyranny of Milwaukee County.

Watch your thoughts; they become words.
    Watch your words; they become actions.
    Watch your actions; they become habits.
    Watch your habits; they become character.
    Watch your character; it becomes your destiny.
    - Frank Outlaw

Iwb

For me, the Milt Sparks Versa Max 2 is the best one out there. It is very comfortable and conceals extremely well. They have a small shop with only a few employees. It will take about 7 months to get your holster but it is well worth the wait. http://www.miltsparks.com/
    Jim Burgess
    NRA Lifetime

Alexandria, VA at www.NoVA-MDSelfDefense.com
    I bought a Comp-Tac MTAC IWB holster for my Sig 239. I've recently purchased a Galco Fletch OWB holster to use instead, for the following reasons:

I like the MTAC, but wearing an IWB holster requires rather loose-fitting trousers to accommodate the bulk of the holstered pistol inside the waistband. In addition, the MTAC is a Level-1 holster that depends on the tension of the holster and the belt to make it difficult for someone else to draw your firearm.

The Fletch is a Level-2 holster, with a retention strap that makes it very difficult for someone else to draw your firearm. It also feels more comfortable to carry the Sig in the OWB holster and I can wear my normal-size trousers.

I like both holsters and wear them at different times for different reasons.

Both the MTAC and the Fletch are considered open carry holsters here in Virginia because a significant part of the firearm is "commonly observable."

Quote Originally Posted by hardballer View Post

Hardballer out!
    Can you tool out logos on teh leather? I like the small pancake design with the retention, but I would like a Calico Jack on it. lol
    Calico Jack Defense

Thumbs up

[QUOTE=CalicoJack10;1499001]IWB Holsters are considered to conceal the sidearm.

I have 3 that I use when I carry outside Wisconsin or while I am doing something here that requires it.

Crossbreed Super Tuck Deluxe:

It is an OK holster, I have had it for about 2 months and is is still not broken in. Even though I have a lot of time invested in trying to get it to conform. It also took longer than expected to get here, but I was not complaining when I saw the craftsmanship. It is easy to draw from, and very easy to re-holster. All in all, I give it a fairly good opinion.

I have to agree with CalicoJack. I got my Crossbreed a few weeks back. I'm impressed with the quality but it does take a heap of breaking in, now if my jeans just had that extra inch I need in 'em!
    But overall it is a good IWB rig.
    Now we just need to get the right to CC.

Quote Originally Posted by LR Yote 312 View Post
    PM Comin at ya...

LR Yote
    +1 - another PM coming at ya.

Another pm coming your way hardballer!!

Not to be the bad guy but there is a whole sub-forum dedicated to holsters and accessories:

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/fo...nd-Accessories
    Click Here for New to WI Open Carry Legal References and Informational Videos--- FAQ's http://Tinyurl.com/OpenCarry-WI

The Armed Badger A WI site dedicated to Concealed Carry in WI

"To disarm the people... was the best and most effectual way to enslave them." -- George Mason, Speech of June 14, 1788

http://Tinyurl.com/New-To-Guns to DL useful Info

Purse/Pocket holster...

Just thought I mention that I also make a Purse/Pocket holster. It can be seen here:

Buffalo Holster Company http://bit.ly/dTVUno
    Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid. Han Solo

http://buffaloholstercompany.blogspot.com/ Concealment holsters IWB, SOB, and belt slide. Open Carry too. New from Buffalo Holster, Women's holsters for concealment and or belt carry.