Thread: Why the Virginia FFA?

Lightbulb Why the Virginia FFA?

Hey everybody, so while I was washing dishes today, I was mulling over the fact, that the Va. Firearms Freedom Act, keeps getting killed before it even reaches the floor of the GA. Then I thought of a potential solution.

Why not change the FFA to the Virginia Intrastate Commerce Freedom Act? By changing the concept to not only protect our RTBA freedoms, we should also focus on liberating in-state manufactures from interstate commerce laws. Everything from guns, tobbacco, alcohol, textiles, fuels, food, ANYTHING made in Va. not for interstate commerce should be untouchable by Congress, which by the way is the opposite of Progress,lol.

By getting other industries involved, our chances of recognizing and then removing un-lawful intrusion by the Federal Government should significantly increase.

Thoughts?

Founder's Club Member
    Sounds like a reasonable suggestion to me. The localized firearms industry might benefit, but I'd imagine many industries could benefit, if it were enforced in some manner.

Quote Originally Posted by Pagan View Post
    Hey everybody, so while I was washing dishes today,
    Hey, isn't that your woman's job???
    Click Here for New to WI Open Carry Legal References and Informational Videos--- FAQ's http://Tinyurl.com/OpenCarry-WI

The Armed Badger A WI site dedicated to Concealed Carry in WI

"To disarm the people... was the best and most effectual way to enslave them." -- George Mason, Speech of June 14, 1788

http://Tinyurl.com/New-To-Guns to DL useful Info

Actually, my WOMAN, works as an artist, and pays the bills, I homeschool our three children and maintain the homefront.

Quote Originally Posted by jmelvin View Post
    Sounds like a reasonable suggestion to me. The localized firearms industry might benefit, but I'd imagine many industries could benefit, if it were enforced in some manner.
    Enforcing on what level and by who?

Great idea. It would help if we could come up with a concrete list of how it would help other industries. I assume they will still be taxed but it my relieve them of some regulations that are onerous. After that talking to VCDL to find a sponsor in the legislature would be needed. Depending what industries would be affected may determine which people to approach.

I like it and think that looking for ways to broaden the support base for ideas is a great way to go.

So the question is what other industries are over-regulated because of the interstate commerce clause/interpretation? I wonder about local farms etc.

Ok, how about tobacco, and alcohol, that is produced in state and not transfered over state lines, or in the future, corn based fuels, that I'm sure the Fed's would just love to tax the hek out of that, aren't millions worth of taxes paid to the fed's by those industries, because some of their product goes over state lines? I wonder if we have any fossile fuel industry in Va., in which the product is harvested and refined here?

So more research is needed, indeed.

Beet based ethanol. Better than corn. Would work when mixed with gasoline as flex fuel (85%ethanol).

No fed tax and better than corn based ethanol.
    He wore his gun outside his pants for all the honest world to see. Pancho & Lefty

The millions of people, armed in the holy cause of liberty, and in such a country as that which we possess, are invincible by any force which our enemy can send against us....There is no retreat but in submission and slavery! ...The war is inevitable–and let it come! I repeat it, Sir, let it come …………. PATRICK HENRY speech 1776

If you produce it, they will tax it!
    Click Here for New to WI Open Carry Legal References and Informational Videos--- FAQ's http://Tinyurl.com/OpenCarry-WI

The Armed Badger A WI site dedicated to Concealed Carry in WI

"To disarm the people... was the best and most effectual way to enslave them." -- George Mason, Speech of June 14, 1788

http://Tinyurl.com/New-To-Guns to DL useful Info

Founder's Club Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pagan View Post
    Enforcing on what level and by who?
    My thought was based on enforcement of local authority over the FedGov putting its nose where it doesn't belong. My thought included local and state police arresting FedGov agents for prosecution if necessary to ensure that the bill is recognized.

For a second, I thought this thread was about Future Farmers of America...

Quote Originally Posted by jmelvin View Post
    My thought was based on enforcement of local authority over the FedGov putting its nose where it doesn't belong. My thought included local and state police arresting FedGov agents for prosecution if necessary to ensure that the bill is recognized.
    Seems like adding into the bill any federal agent, special agent, or law enforcment agency, that violates this law would be guilty of a class 6 felony, and having the support of the AG and state/local LE would be helpful. If the state is willing to protect it's citizens against unlawful federal prosecution, we would be ok.. I think, really seems like it would come down to massive citizen support as well, perhaps even make it a crime for informants to assist the feds.

So I was wondering, how many signatures are required to force a vote on an issue in the General Assembly, such as one I'm proposing here?

The FFA does not make it out of committee, so would a petition bypass the committee?

Could we gather enough signatures throughout the country to undue the various gun control acts forced down our throats over the last 60 years by the US Congress?