• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Why the Virginia FFA?

Pagan

Hey everybody, so while I was washing dishes today, I was mulling over the fact, that the Va. Firearms Freedom Act, keeps getting killed before it even reaches the floor of the GA. Then I thought of a potential solution.

Why not change the FFA to the Virginia Intrastate Commerce Freedom Act? By changing the concept to not only protect our RTBA freedoms, we should also focus on liberating in-state manufactures from interstate commerce laws. Everything from guns, tobbacco, alcohol, textiles, fuels, food, ANYTHING made in Va. not for interstate commerce should be untouchable by Congress, which by the way is the opposite of Progress,lol.

By getting other industries involved, our chances of recognizing and then removing un-lawful intrusion by the Federal Government should significantly increase.

Thoughts?

jmelvin

Founder's Club Member
Sounds like a reasonable suggestion to me. The localized firearms industry might benefit, but I'd imagine many industries could benefit, if it were enforced in some manner.

45acpForMe

Great idea. It would help if we could come up with a concrete list of how it would help other industries. I assume they will still be taxed but it my relieve them of some regulations that are onerous. After that talking to VCDL to find a sponsor in the legislature would be needed. Depending what industries would be affected may determine which people to approach.

I like it and think that looking for ways to broaden the support base for ideas is a great way to go.

So the question is what other industries are over-regulated because of the interstate commerce clause/interpretation? I wonder about local farms etc.

Pagan

Ok, how about tobacco, and alcohol, that is produced in state and not transfered over state lines, or in the future, corn based fuels, that I'm sure the Fed's would just love to tax the hek out of that, aren't millions worth of taxes paid to the fed's by those industries, because some of their product goes over state lines? I wonder if we have any fossile fuel industry in Va., in which the product is harvested and refined here?

So more research is needed, indeed.

jmelvin

Founder's Club Member
Enforcing on what level and by who?

My thought was based on enforcement of local authority over the FedGov putting its nose where it doesn't belong. My thought included local and state police arresting FedGov agents for prosecution if necessary to ensure that the bill is recognized.

Pagan

My thought was based on enforcement of local authority over the FedGov putting its nose where it doesn't belong. My thought included local and state police arresting FedGov agents for prosecution if necessary to ensure that the bill is recognized.

Seems like adding into the bill any federal agent, special agent, or law enforcment agency, that violates this law would be guilty of a class 6 felony, and having the support of the AG and state/local LE would be helpful. If the state is willing to protect it's citizens against unlawful federal prosecution, we would be ok.. I think, really seems like it would come down to massive citizen support as well, perhaps even make it a crime for informants to assist the feds.

Pagan

So I was wondering, how many signatures are required to force a vote on an issue in the General Assembly, such as one I'm proposing here?

The FFA does not make it out of committee, so would a petition bypass the committee?

Could we gather enough signatures throughout the country to undue the various gun control acts forced down our throats over the last 60 years by the US Congress?