• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

BATF to ban tactical shotguns?

smellslikemichigan

Campaign Veteran
what a waste of my tax money :banghead:

the second amendment renders any argument about "sporting purposes" null and void. at one point they reference "low light". is it not ok for me to defend myself at night in a low light situation?

Last edited:

Michigander

I've been looking to purchase two Saiga 12's. Can't find them.

I'm hoping that we'll end up with US makers building from scratch S-12's. As quality control goes, Russia is pretty horrible. I helped with one S-12 conversion, and I'm impressed by the design and oh dear God are they fun to shoot, but sheesh they need some higher standards of production.

If we could get them made in the USA, coming standard with goodies like straight in and out magazine changes including with drums, suppressors, last shot bolt hold open and interchangeable barrels, with no need to ever consider converting anything, it'd be well worth it to spend 1,200 plus on them, and they'd sell a lot. For such an efficient system which should cost so little to make, you'd think that folks like Tromix would have been building their own complete guns for a long time now.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Not sure if you can order them but I think that Red Jacket Firearms builds their own Saiga shotguns. They are the shop that is on History channel "Sons of Guns".

www.redjacketfirearms.com

They're available here but not exactly "popularly priced.

Unfortunately what happens is that those that cannot afford the higher price are eliminated from the market. It is gun control through economics.

Michigander

That link says that you can deduct 550 off the price of their guns if you send your own in to be modified. This implies that they are using Russian made guns. It is also indicated by the fact that they don't sell AOW versions.