Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Should we crash the party

Should we crash the party

Ann Arbor Hash bash is Saturday, who wants to join the Festivities
    Last edited by AAMitch; 03-31-2011 at 09:02 PM.

Banned
    I dont know yet, but I firmly support the re legalization effort.

This thread is OT.
    Call for a cop, call for an ambulance, and call for a pizza. See who shows up first.

I am not a lawyer (merely an omnipotent member of a continuum). The contents of this post are not a substitute for sound legal advice from a licensed attorney in your jurisdiction.

Comments and views stated in my post are my own and do not necessarily represent the views of Michigan Open Carry, Inc. unless stated otherwise in the post.

Banned
    everything at hashbash is OT

Really?

Legal Beagles on MGO if I'm not mistaken have said that it's illegal to be carrying and under the influence of marijuana because of it's mind altering effects.

Is this really the image we want to portray when we Open Carry guys? Come on now.
    All opinions posted on opencarry.org are my own, and do not necessarily reflect the views of opencarry.org or Michigan Open Carry Inc.

Banned
    I wonder how much experience they are speaking from? Or is it what they see on TV and how they "feel" about something they dont understand. We stand in each others shoes on many issues.

Until its legal again, or until you have a medipot card, I wouldnt recommend trying it.
    Last edited by stainless1911; 04-01-2011 at 12:56 AM.

Not to mention that it is unlawful to possess a firearm on university property. It seems most of downtown is university property. You any need to step off the sidewalk for a second and your done.
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? (who will watch the watchmen?)

I am not a lawyer. Nothing in any of posts should be construed as legal advice.

Quote Originally Posted by AAMitch
    Should we crash the party
    I'm not going to be there.
    "The principle of self-defense, even involving weapons and bloodshed, has never been condemned, even by Gandhi . . ."--Dr. Martin Luther King Jr

“He who cannot protect himself or his nearest and dearest or their honor by non-violently facing death, may and ought to do so by violently dealing with the oppressor. He who can do neither of the two is a burden.”--M. K. Gandhi

"First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." --M. K. Gandhi

If I were to go, it'd be to support adults doing what they want with their own bodies so long as they don't hurt anyone else.

It wouldn't be to protest or instigate a conflict as the OP suggests.

That being said, I don't want a contact high and I won't be going.

By the way, this thread is STILL OT!
    Call for a cop, call for an ambulance, and call for a pizza. See who shows up first.

I am not a lawyer (merely an omnipotent member of a continuum). The contents of this post are not a substitute for sound legal advice from a licensed attorney in your jurisdiction.

Comments and views stated in my post are my own and do not necessarily represent the views of Michigan Open Carry, Inc. unless stated otherwise in the post.

Quote Originally Posted by malignity View Post
    Legal Beagles on MGO if I'm not mistaken have said that it's illegal to be carrying and under the influence of marijuana because of it's mind altering effects.

Is this really the image we want to portray when we Open Carry guys? Come on now.
    As a Libertarian, I generally agree with the goal of re-legalization.

However, I cannot express strongly enough that it is the official policy of OpenCarry.org that guns and ANY mind-altering intoxicant DO NOT MIX!

John

Banned
    Thanks Admin, I appreciate the point of view.

I totally forgot that it was at a college, thanks for making that point. Ive never attended one of these.
    Last edited by stainless1911; 04-01-2011 at 10:51 AM. Reason: spelling

Campaign Veteran smellslikemichigan's Avatar
    i don't think anyone was suggesting carrying while getting high. i've seen many videos of the new hampshire OC crowd at 420 rallys, but i've never seen an OCer with a joint in his hand. i don't think there is anything wrong with mixing liberty rallys.
    now this thread is ON TOPIC
    Last edited by smellslikemichigan; 04-01-2011 at 12:11 PM.
    "If it ain't loaded and cocked it don't shoot." - Rooster Cogburn
    http://www.graystatemovie.com/

Banned
    Asking OCers to show up at a well known public event to promote freedom IS on topic. IMO this want ever really OT.

Campaign Veteran Glock9mmOldStyle's Avatar

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by stainless1911 View Post
    Asking OCers to show up at a well known public event to promote freedom IS on topic. IMO this want ever really OT.
    Been hitting the hash pipe? See bold above.
    “A government that does not trust it’s law-abiding citizens to keep and bear arms is itself unworthy of trust.” James Madison.

“Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth.” “The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good.” George Washington

Quote Originally Posted by Glock9mmOldStyle View Post
    Been hitting the hash pipe? See bold above.
    HASH...MMMMMMMM.

As a "former" user of the "herbal relief" system; I fully support the legalization of herbal usage. Not for the reasons you may think; just think of all the money it would knock out of the "drug wars" budget! IIRC...that's the largest portion of their confiscated income...from pot. Legalize it and let them concentrate on the "hard" drugs. Probably won't do much better with that either...not enough confiscated income.
    Myself, I would much rather be around someone (especially driving) that has smoked a fatty than someone who just threw back a 6 pack or fifth!

But I do agree fully with the Admin; guns and any drug/alcohol is a no go.

Quote Originally Posted by stainless1911 View Post
    it's as on topic as asking them to show up at a bowling alley to raise funds for a non-OC organization

Does anybody on here have a medical marijuana card and a CPL?
    "No state shall convert a liberty to a privilege, license it, and charge a fee therefor.- Murdock vs Pennsylvania 319 US 105

...If the state converts a right into a privelege, the citizen can ignore the license and fee and engage in the right... with impunity.
    - Shuttleworth vs City of Birmingham, Alabama 317 US 262

Where rights secured by the Constitution are involved, there can be no legislation which would abrogate them.
    - Miranda vs Arizona 384 US 436

Quote Originally Posted by xmanhockey7 View Post
    And if you did and were using MJ you would be committing a federal felony as well as a felon in possession of firearms.
    Anything I post may be my opinion and not the law... you are responsible to do your own verification.

Blackstone (1753-1765) maintains that "the law holds that it is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."

Well, one way to get a discussion, my suggestion to 'crash the party' was maybe take some of their thunder WAY off campus, for maybe some thought next year. Most of this is a way for students to smoke and the idea of legalizing is lost in the silliness.

I first heard of MOC in the picnic by the local newspaper, when they were still printing.

Although, I cannot argue too much against their issue. Rather start a conversations that could lead into a 2A event.

Mmmr & cpl

Quote Originally Posted by xmanhockey7 View Post
    Yes

Quote Originally Posted by russo121 View Post
    Yes
    People need to be aware that just having the card is not the problem. However if you possess or use MJ you are in violation of federal law.
    Anything I post may be my opinion and not the law... you are responsible to do your own verification.

Blackstone (1753-1765) maintains that "the law holds that it is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."

state's rights trump federal law... or do they? they're supposed to...
    Last edited by smellslikemichigan; 04-03-2011 at 08:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by smellslikemichigan View Post
    state's rights trump federal law... or do they? they're supposed to...
    SUPREMACY CLAUSE
    "This Constitution, and the Laws of the United States which shall be made in Pursuance thereof; and all Treaties made, or which shall be made, under the Authority of the United States, shall be the supreme Law of the Land; and the Judges in every State shall be bound thereby, any Thing in the Constitution or Laws of any State to the contrary notwithstanding." U.S. Const. art. VI, Paragraph 2

May be State Legal but not Federal.

http://www.lectlaw.com/def2/s105.htm

Banned
    So, the constitutional RKBA trumps all other gun control laws?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast