• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Should we crash the party

Mitchell

Ann Arbor Hash bash is Saturday, who wants to join the Festivities

Last edited:

stainless1911

Banned
everything at hashbash is OT
smiley36.gif

malignity

Legal Beagles on MGO if I'm not mistaken have said that it's illegal to be carrying and under the influence of marijuana because of it's mind altering effects.

Is this really the image we want to portray when we Open Carry guys? Come on now.

stainless1911

Banned
I wonder how much experience they are speaking from? Or is it what they see on TV and how they "feel" about something they dont understand. We stand in each others shoes on many issues.

Until its legal again, or until you have a medipot card, I wouldnt recommend trying it.

Last edited:

TheQ

If I were to go, it'd be to support adults doing what they want with their own bodies so long as they don't hurt anyone else.

It wouldn't be to protest or instigate a conflict as the OP suggests.

That being said, I don't want a contact high and I won't be going.

By the way, this thread is STILL OT!

John Pierce

Administrator
Staff member
Legal Beagles on MGO if I'm not mistaken have said that it's illegal to be carrying and under the influence of marijuana because of it's mind altering effects.

Is this really the image we want to portray when we Open Carry guys? Come on now.

As a Libertarian, I generally agree with the goal of re-legalization.

However, I cannot express strongly enough that it is the official policy of OpenCarry.org that guns and ANY mind-altering intoxicant DO NOT MIX!

John

smellslikemichigan

Campaign Veteran
i don't think anyone was suggesting carrying while getting high. i've seen many videos of the new hampshire OC crowd at 420 rallys, but i've never seen an OCer with a joint in his hand. i don't think there is anything wrong with mixing liberty rallys.
now this thread is ON TOPIC

Last edited:

WARCHILD

Been hitting the hash pipe? See bold above.

HASH...MMMMMMMM.

As a "former" user of the "herbal relief" system; I fully support the legalization of herbal usage. Not for the reasons you may think; just think of all the money it would knock out of the "drug wars" budget! IIRC...that's the largest portion of their confiscated income...from pot. Legalize it and let them concentrate on the "hard" drugs. Probably won't do much better with that either...not enough confiscated income.
Myself, I would much rather be around someone (especially driving) that has smoked a fatty than someone who just threw back a 6 pack or fifth!

But I do agree fully with the Admin; guns and any drug/alcohol is a no go.

Mitchell

Well, one way to get a discussion, my suggestion to 'crash the party' was maybe take some of their thunder WAY off campus, for maybe some thought next year. Most of this is a way for students to smoke and the idea of legalizing is lost in the silliness.

I first heard of MOC in the picnic by the local newspaper, when they were still printing.

Although, I cannot argue too much against their issue. Rather start a conversations that could lead into a 2A event.