• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

GOD BLESS this Texas girl!

theoicarry

Here's a video that I guarantee you won't forget anytime soon! She didn't
cry, although she came close to losing it, and she gave those a reality
check they dearly needed.

Texas girl, Judy Dorsett Tyler, had the encroachment on her second
amendment rights so graphically illustrated. The honorable senator from
New York , Chuck Schumer, was getting a little uncomfortable in his chair.
The room was absolutely dead quiet throughout her testimony and the gun
banners (meaning Senators who want to BAN citizens' ownership of all guns)
absolutely speechless as this little Texas gal chews them up and spits them
out. She knows what the 2nd amendment is really all about.. Watch it. You
will be glad you did. And pass it along.

I apologize if this have been posted previously.

<http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-4069761537893819675>
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-4069761537893819675

anmut

Many would look at this and say "Well, that only happened once."

We need to educate by saying "It only needs to happen once."

Krusty

Many would look at this and say "Well, that only happened once."

We need to educate by saying "It only needs to happen once."

And an answer to that one would be, "if it only saves one life, it's worth it"! I believe that's basically what the anti's say about such things as trigger locks and guns in the home.

comp45acp

For the record, this is a video of Dr. Suzanna Hupp. She testified in our Capitol in '05, I believe, in favor of the PPA. I had the honor of meeting her then. She now speaks all over the country on firearms rights. She was the driving force in getting Texas to pass their concealed carry law in the 1990s. After is passed she became a member of the Texas Legislature.

Pyro01

Wow... +1000 to what this girl's saying. Even if we were only limited to magazines of no more than 10 rounds, do you know how many I could carry on my belt? You could carry at least 18 magazines on a belt with only 10 rounds in them each. Like she said, it doesn't take any effort at all to change out mags before someone can rush you. Loved the video.

Last edited:

HolyOrangeJuice

brought tears to my eyes because i agree 100%. I rather be dead or in prison with my family alive than to be alive and know i could do nothing the save them.....

XDFDE45

Isn't it strange the difference in where you born and how you were raised? You look at her and then you look at Carolyn McCarthy from New York, who after her husband was killed and her son severely injured on the Long Island Rail Road commuter train became RABIDLY anti gun.

KBCraig

Here's a video that I guarantee you won't forget anytime soon!
Welcome to the internet. I haven't forgotten it since the first time I saw it on C-SPAN before any but a chosen few had internet, and it gets re-posted regularly in almost every gun forum, blog, mailing list, etc., at least once a year.

Texas girl, Judy Dorsett Tyler...
Who?

Did you even look at the video page, which clearly says the speaker is Suzanna Gratia-Hupp?

Dr. Hupp, DC, wasn't a Texas legislator when she gave this testimony; she was first elected in 1996 (after passage of the Texas CHL law, but her story was critical to passage).

I apologize if this have been posted previously.
Previously, and repeatedly, and over and over again, multiple times.

Don't fee bad, it's always worth watching again, but please: do some minimal research before passing along something you got in an email link.

Claytron

Welcome to the internet. I haven't forgotten it since the first time I saw it on C-SPAN before any but a chosen few had internet, and it gets re-posted regularly in almost every gun forum, blog, mailing list, etc., at least once a year.

Who?

Did you even look at the video page, which clearly says the speaker is Suzanna Gratia-Hupp?

Dr. Hupp, DC, wasn't a Texas legislator when she gave this testimony; she was first elected in 1996 (after passage of the Texas CHL law, but her story was critical to passage).

Don't fee bad, it's always worth watching again, but please: do some minimal research before passing along something you got in an email link.

Wow. spoken like someone who truly needs to get his ass OFF the internet and into the real world for a few days...

jpm84092

Dr. Hupp got it exactly right when she said the 2nd Amendment was crafted by the Founding Fathers first and foremost to protect us from our government and then to protect selves and loved ones from bad guys. +1000

JerryD

Who?

couldn't have said better myself!