Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Are there times when not carrying is ok?

Are there times when not carrying is ok?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	shower gun1.jpg 
Views:	117 
Size:	66.0 KB 
ID:	5598Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SHOWERGUN_2.jpg 
Views:	114 
Size:	88.0 KB 
ID:	5599

I carry as much as i can but i saw this idea on another forum when someone was looking for ideas on how to "carry" in the shower and personally think it is a bit overkill......anyone agree?

Ninja assassins are everywhere.
    "Don't interfere with anything in the Constitution. That must be maintained, for it is the only safeguard of our liberties."
    Abraham Lincoln

"Some time ago, a bunch of lefties defied the law by dancing at the Jefferson Memorial, resulting in their arrests. Last week, a bunch of them pulled the same stunt and - using patented Lefist techniques - provoked the Park Police into having to use force to arrest them."
    Alexcabbie

Alexandria, VA at www.NoVA-MDSelfDefense.com
    Quote Originally Posted by civilwarguy View Post

I carry as much as i can but i saw this idea on another forum when someone was looking for ideas on how to "carry" in the shower and personally think it is a bit overkill......anyone agree?
    I think that someone must have to be in serious fear of being attacked to go to this level of immediate access. If I was that afraid, I don't think I would risk being in the shower or sleeping...

Quote Originally Posted by HandyHamlet View Post
    Ninja assassins are everywhere.
    Ever see what a can of hairspray and a zippo can do to a Ninja ??

Aint pretty...

LR Yote
    *NOTE: No Longer under the tyranny of Milwaukee County.

Watch your thoughts; they become words.
    Watch your words; they become actions.
    Watch your actions; they become habits.
    Watch your habits; they become character.
    Watch your character; it becomes your destiny.
    - Frank Outlaw

Quote Originally Posted by civilwarguy View Post

They make locks and window bars for a reason. >.>

That has to be a joke! Those photos made me laugh pretty hard!

Quote Originally Posted by anmut View Post
    That has to be a joke! Those photos made me laugh pretty hard!
    All that came to my mind was trying to explain it to house guests..... or you wife when she what your using her food saver for.

Great way to wrap for long term storage ! or keep in your boat incase you tip over but then I would add some flotation!
    Owner Little Wolf Firearms , US ARMY RETIRED 101st Airborne & 84th DIV TRNG Small arms instructor.
    Remember , Gun Control is " USING BOTH HANDS!"

Zombies love to attack when you are in the shower.

Quote Originally Posted by LR Yote 312 View Post
    Ever see what a can of hairspray and a zippo can do to a Ninja ??

Aint pretty...

LR Yote

Why yes. Yes I have.

"Don't interfere with anything in the Constitution. That must be maintained, for it is the only safeguard of our liberties."
    Abraham Lincoln

"Some time ago, a bunch of lefties defied the law by dancing at the Jefferson Memorial, resulting in their arrests. Last week, a bunch of them pulled the same stunt and - using patented Lefist techniques - provoked the Park Police into having to use force to arrest them."
    Alexcabbie

I was expecting

There are no bad times to carry.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

I wonder what is in the refrigerator.
    When in danger you can dial 911 and hope for the police to arrive a few minutes later armed with guns.
    Why do police carry guns?

The Joyce Foundation funded firearm control empire:
    http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...lFundingR1.png

"Everything that we see is a shadow cast by that which we do not see." - Martin Luther King Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by littlewolf View Post
    Great way to wrap for long term storage ! or keep in your boat incase you tip over but then I would add some flotation!
    EXACTLY.... I am a boater and a fisherman (not nessesarily in that order). Because Wisconsin Vehicle Carry restictions include boats , I have often thought of a floating, water proof gun (pistol) case. Now I just tie the case to a spair life jacket. I have also know dduck hunters that lost all there guns when their boat capsized...

Outdoorsman1

PS: Has anybody ever heard of a water proof floating pistol case..?? I suppose just a floating one would do as a gallon size Zip-Loc baggie would hold the XD and Mags.

outdoorsman i believe otterbox makes pistol cases but i am not sure what kind of price tag they carry

Quote Originally Posted by Outdoorsman1 View Post
    PS: Has anybody ever heard of a water proof floating pistol case..?? I suppose just a floating one would do as a gallon size Zip-Loc baggie would hold the XD and Mags.
    Although this one says it is for the S&W 1911, it works fine with any full size 1911.

http://www.casesbypelican.com/milita...911-single.htm

Of course, you can get the same Pelican case in a "standard" form and just pull out the foam pieces to match your gun.

Waterproof, floating and lockable.

The mossberg 500 jic comes with a water proof air tight tube. You could use a pvc pipe.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Dipper View Post
    Although this one says it is for the S&W 1911, it works fine with any full size 1911.

http://www.casesbypelican.com/milita...911-single.htm

Of course, you can get the same Pelican case in a "standard" form and just pull out the foam pieces to match your gun.

Waterproof, floating and lockable.
    Thanks for the link...

Outdoorsman1

Palomino Case Co makes a magnetic case or you could also use a motorcycle tank bag many are both magnetic and waterproof. Won't help if the boat sinks but you've probably got bigger problems if your boat just sank.
    Last edited by Vandil; 04-01-2011 at 02:26 PM.

Yah, you have Ninja problems.
    Abraham Lincoln

Alexcabbie

McX
    bad time to carry, not mentioned yet; when your asleep?

Quote Originally Posted by McX View Post
    bad time to carry, not mentioned yet; when your asleep?
    Don't lie, you'd spoon a 1911.

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Someone posted on another board how do you carry when in your backyard swimming poll. Do you attach it to your swim fins or to the bottom of your float or kickboard. A full size 1911 will tend to weigh you down a little while making swan dives off your diving board. Also probably handicap you when trying to get back up for air after grabbing those little things they throw in the bottom of the pool.

Several years ago on one board a fellow was asking for advise about what heppened to him. It seems that he got up in the middle of the night to answer a call of nature. The first thing he did was try to grab his gun from the night stand and put it on. However he had left his clothes where when he tried to get his gun he got tangled up in his clothes and fell. His gon did not go off but he did hit his head on the dresser and wound up in the ER. It seems that he was trying to fasten the belt rather than turning on any lights and watching what he was doing. He was in a hurry but wanted to be sure that he had his gun because he lived in sort of a dangerous neighborhood and never could tell when someone might come beating down his door.

Quote Originally Posted by PT111 View Post
    Several years ago on one board a fellow was asking for advise about what heppened to him. It seems that he got up in the middle of the night to answer a call of nature. The first thing he did was try to grab his gun from the night stand and put it on. However he had left his clothes where when he tried to get his gun he got tangled up in his clothes and fell. His gon did not go off but he did hit his head on the dresser and wound up in the ER. It seems that he was trying to fasten the belt rather than turning on any lights and watching what he was doing. He was in a hurry but wanted to be sure that he had his gun because he lived in sort of a dangerous neighborhood and never could tell when someone might come beating down his door.
    That's why you have them all over the place.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast