• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Concealed Carry Law Implementation Cost

Flipper

Campaign Veteran
This was posted on the Illinois Concealed Carry Facebook page. Another arguement for no cost Constitutional Carry.

quote:

"Fiscal Note (Illinois State Police): The fiscal impact for HB 148 is as follows: The Firearms Services Bureau (FSB) would need the additional personnel and equipment: three additional personnel and equipment required to assists sheriffs for prohibiting issues (approximately $200,000.00 salary/benefits funding required). Start up Costs (FOID Mainframe and database modifications) = $500,000; Application to apply development = $20,000; Annual Costs (3 personnel salary/benefits) = $200,000; Total Estimated Costs = $720,000."

When Bender says "revenue neutral" he means costs passed along as a fee.

In Wisconsin the Legislative Fiscal Bureau does the fiscal notes. Another item to monitor as to reality based.

Natasha

Hello guys I am Natasha and I am very glad to be a part of this forum. I am surprised know about the concealed carry law implementation cost. Law should be imposed on every one without discrimination.

E6chevron

Hello guys I am Natasha and I am very glad to be a part of this forum. I am surprised know about the concealed carry law implementation cost. Law should be imposed on every one without discrimination.

At this time, the government of the state of Illinois has NO available general funds. Many of their suppliers are waiting 6 months to receive payment for an invoice.

Their legislature will only consider laws which either make money for the state (raising taxes, fees, etc.) or which have NO net costs of implementation. Those who want any improvement of 2nd amendment rights in Illinois, have to face the fact, that for the time being, they will have to pay the costs themselves, with some form of user fees.

davidmcbeth

Banned
At this time, the government of the state of Illinois has NO available general funds. .

pensions pensions pensions (and they just had a 50% income tax increase a few years ago). Way to control your budget ! IL is broke!

But that would not stop such legislation.

MKEgal

ayce2 said:
Wi 150,000 licenses x 50 =7'500'000 pretty good sorce of revenue, repeat in 5 years.
But renewals don't cost as much as the originals, so their revenue will decrease.
And hopefully by then we can either get the cost down some more or have uninfringed rights, with an optional license if it's still required for travel.

Constitutional Carry would be revenue-neutral... the only cost would be the time the legislature spends yammering about it.

E6chevron

Krysta,

Quite right, the renewal fee is capped at $12 + Background check Fee $13 = $25

175.60(15)(b)4. Pays all of the following:

175.60(15)(b)4.a. A renewal fee in an amount, as determined by the department by rule, that is equal to the cost of renewing the license but does not exceed $12. The department shall determine the costs of renewing a license by using a 5-year planning period.

175.60(15)(b)4.b. A fee for a background check that is equal to the fee charged under s. 175.35 (2i).

Last edited:

Shotgun

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
Krysta,

Quite right, the renewal fee is capped at $12 + Background check Fee $13 = $25

But nobody will renew for almost 5 years. A lot can happen between now and then. With the wrong kind of people in office they could raise it much much higher. With the right kind of people we could get Constitutional carry and not need to renew.

hermannr

IL already has the FOID, why will it cost them any more than changing the name of the license? Simple solution...get rid of the unconstitutional requirement to have a ID card to possess a firearm..."a right cannot be licensed, if it is, it is not a right but a privilage" so say the courts. That is the whole flap about the Voter's ID/

HandyHamlet

pensions pensions pensions (and they just had a 50% income tax increase a few years ago). Way to control your budget ! IL is broke!

But that would not stop such legislation.

Illinois is broke because of the unprotested rape, pillaging, plundering, looting and vandalism of the state and it's coffers by an out of control elected government. The same government that birthed the current tyrant in office.

For instance there are some 400 plus licensing funds in IL. The governor wipes them all out every year with no accountability as to where the money goes. ABATE of IL won a court order from a judge that stopped the ex gov and current felon from touching the Motorcycle Safety Foundation Fund. This fund was supposed to be used for motorcycle safety classes only. I believe the current gov here made that little trick illegal with his budget bill...