Thread: California appeals court rules: Prosecutors must produce witness testimony to prove f

California appeals court rules: Prosecutors must produce witness testimony to prove f

Does this ruling completely negate the AW registration list? If the list is so imcomplete they can't prove you didn't register your AW.

http://www.calgunlaws.com/
    A citizen may not be required to offer a ―good and substantial reason-- why he should be permitted to exercise his rights. The right‘s existence is all the reason he needs.

Quote Originally Posted by Gundude View Post
    Does this ruling completely negate the AW registration list? If the list is so imcomplete they can't prove you didn't register your AW.

HOLY SHIZNAT, I think this is HUGE
    Last edited by mjones; 04-01-2011 at 12:05 AM.

Umm care to explain your thoughts? Not sure I get what your looking at.

"If squirt guns are outlawed, only outlaw squirts will have guns!"

James Taranto
    "If squirt guns are outlawed, only outlaw squirts will have guns!"

James Taranto

How many people have registered their AW but aren't on the list.
    Gov lists are bad at best. I heard of a 5 yr. old boy on the Gov. no fly list. Also, misspelled names, transposed SS numbers.
    If the list is inaccuate, it raises resonable doubt for any jury. A good lawyer could rake them over the coals.
    A citizen may not be required to offer a ―good and substantial reason-- why he should be permitted to exercise his rights. The right‘s existence is all the reason he needs.

How many people have registered their AW but aren't on the list.
    Ya, I know of one person that registerd about 4 AWs durnig the Kassler reg period. He got his letter back with all 4 listed. Some time later in some sort of AFS inservice training thing he volunteered to be queried since he had RAWs...only 3 came back. I don't remember the exact process (notorized copy of original letter maybe?) but he had to use his registration letter to get the 4th one back into the database.

He's out of state now and I don't have hardly any contact with him, but if the CGF starts compiling a list of verifiable errors I'll be on the phone with him ASAP.

Also keep in mind that this is only a plausible defense for weapons that actually existed during the registration periods.

thanks for spreading this to everyone, good video!