• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

California appeals court rules: Prosecutors must produce witness testimony to prove f

Gundude

How many people have registered their AW but aren't on the list.
Gov lists are bad at best. I heard of a 5 yr. old boy on the Gov. no fly list. Also, misspelled names, transposed SS numbers.
If the list is inaccuate, it raises resonable doubt for any jury. A good lawyer could rake them over the coals.

mjones

How many people have registered their AW but aren't on the list.

Ya, I know of one person that registerd about 4 AWs durnig the Kassler reg period. He got his letter back with all 4 listed. Some time later in some sort of AFS inservice training thing he volunteered to be queried since he had RAWs...only 3 came back. I don't remember the exact process (notorized copy of original letter maybe?) but he had to use his registration letter to get the 4th one back into the database.

He's out of state now and I don't have hardly any contact with him, but if the CGF starts compiling a list of verifiable errors I'll be on the phone with him ASAP.

Also keep in mind that this is only a plausible defense for weapons that actually existed during the registration periods.

Ca Patriot

I've sold about 15 cars in my life. Every single time I sold one I mailed that portion of the pink slip to the DMV that releases ownership and on 7 of the cars they kept mailing me claiming I still owned it.
The government cant keep good records.