• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

A very nasty encounter in Ranier Valley today, and a suprise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

1911er

Originally Posted by HandyHamlet
Thank the gods two men came to the aid of an armed citizen. A 1911 is no match for, or a deterrent of, a screw driver attack. No matter how much training one has...

I think its A hell of A match if you use for which it was intended when you feel threatend or your life is in danger which the OP aparently was this works fine BANG BANG BANG.

1911er

Whenever I have to travel through Rainier Valley I make sure I DON'T have to stop for gas, or anything else for that matter.

Some places just bear staying away from.

BTW, what happened to your "situational awareness" that allowed these three to approach that close and you without a "plan"?

Yea WTF happend there situational awareness 0% and OP being A firearms instructor! wat up

Last edited:

HandyHamlet

I think its A hell of A match if you use for which it was intended when you feel threatend or your life is in danger which the OP aparently was this works fine BANG BANG BANG.

Not when it's a bullsh*t thread thrown out as bait and posted on 4-1.

BigDave

Opt-Out Members
triehl27 any instructor I have dealt with does not have an issue with providing their company name as it promotes business, so what and where is your training company located, how does one contact you?

The stench of BS is surrounding your story, threatening to leave then such a complex encounter just hours later, no verifiable information offered.
Anytime I have ever heard an instructor refer a website it comes with a disclaimer as to verify the information you receive as it is the internet and anyone with background or no background can and will post truths to falsehoods, which one are you?

amlevin

triehl27 any instructor I have dealt with does not have an issue with providing their company name as it promotes business, so what and where is your training company located, how does one contact you?

The stench of BS is surrounding your story, threatening to leave then such a complex encounter just hours later, no verifiable information offered.
Anytime I have ever heard an instructor refer a website it comes with a disclaimer as to verify the information you receive as it is the internet and anyone with background or no background can and will post truths to falsehoods, which one are you?

Dave-

Do you have one of these or do you just rely on your "nose"???

BS-O-METER-1.gif

Last edited:

SigPacker

Soooo is the OP doing a little april fools post... :) if so good one! If not... good job!

MKEgal

Between today's date & the OPs reluctance to provide any identifying info so people who are interested could do a FOIA request for the 911 call, I'm a bit suspicious myself.

irfner

Campaign Veteran
Glad everything is and everyone is OK. Bet your heart was pumping and adrenaline running a little fast. I have met Triehl27 and have no reason to doubt his story.

I grew up around violence and understand it, it is rarely random. It could be the 3 aggressors saw your pistol from the beginning, I believe and I could be wrong that they started the confrontation and then being 3 guys continued it not to look weak to each other after they saw the pistol.

I am not surprised at the help, gang members are humans too and will have the natural instinct to look after people. You weren't an enemy combatant (another gang or cop) and they respected you as a man, and respected you were carrying. They also respected your actions in not immediately using force to resolve the situation.

I don't see it as a fail on your part just wrong time wrong place, we can't foresee and prepare for every single event or possibility.

Again glad you are OK, and glad you were still willing to share with us.

Good enough for me.

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
Just to keep things on the up and up, you have a name, time and location for this report to 911, FOIA works wonders on verifying information.
And they do provide audio for calls to 911.

Where, when, what time.

I am kinda confused, if you are a firearms instructor why would you allow the 3 bad guys to control the situation, a knife, a bat and a screw driver are all deadly weapons. Gang bangers are not stupid every gas station has security cameras. I am having a bad time believing your story, the gang bangers asked, then threatened and then just talked to you until someone across the street noticed what was going on and then came across the street. Its really hard to see whats going on in a gas station from acrosss the street, cars, pumps, people moving about the cars and pumps. Lots wrong with this story.

I can tell you this if someone threatens me with a knife at anything under 21 feet in a siutuation like you describe they are going to get themselves shot.

So, wait, are you done with this site, or are you going to stick around posting racial bait stories?

I read this a few minutes after posted last night and I agree.
B.S. until proven otherwise...

deanf

I got in my truck, and left, cleared outta the valley and called 911. They would send a patrol car through the area, and have an officer contact me if they found them.

You know what, triehl27? For most on this forum, it isn't our first rodeo.

You're lying.

The cops don't poo-poo an attempted armed robbery. They come out if the victim is cooperative, and they take all the info they can. They do it not necessarily with the goal of solving your crime, but with the goal of solving others. The minutia of your made-up incident may shed light on another, unsolved, crime.

We're not stupid. Go away.

Status
Not open for further replies.