• If I had Buisiness, i.e. Voting

10 52.63%
  • No Guns In School, Despite The Law

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: How Many Of You OC At School.

Banned

How Many Of You OC At School.

How many of you OC at school, or would if you had a CPL? Even for voting.

While at Waterford Schools the other day, I was accused of being the only one who OCed at schools.
    Last edited by stainless1911; 04-01-2011 at 11:01 AM.

I don't OC at K-12 schools (unless I'm visiting Autosurgeon in Coloma!) because I don't have a 100% grasp on the laws that concern K-12 school carry. Once I take the time to learn the important points and memorize the laws, I would OC at a K-12 school if I had business there. However, I never have any business at K-12 schools so you probably won't see me at one.

As for college campus carry, I would definitely, without a doubt, OC at my university if it weren't for the fact that they would expel me. (I'm only one month from graduation!) I would actually feel more comfortable CCing at my university though, and before you all jump down my throat, let me explain why. Yes, OC deters criminals. Most criminals. The kind of criminals that want your money or your fancy watch. Those are, say, 99.9% of the criminals out there. However, much of the reason I would choose to carry on a college campus is be be able to defend myself from a campus shooter. If the campus shooter is there for the sole purpose of killing as many people as he can, I feel that the argument of "you'll be shot first" does actually apply in this case. Don't get me wrong - I usually call BS on that argument too, in 99.9% of the situations we may encounter, but when someone wants to kill as many people as possible, it does make sense that they will shoot you before shooting others because you are more of a threat.

In conclusion to this post (which turned out longer than I intended), yes, I would OC at a K-12 school, and yes, I would OC on a college campus as well as CC in the classrooms if it were legal and not against the college's rules for me to do so.
    "You'll be walking along.. OC.. and you'll feel GREAT. You'll feel FREEEEE like 1776 kind of Free." -cscitney87

Campaign Veteran smellslikemichigan's Avatar
    to be quit honest, i'm too nervous to try it at this point in time. mainly, due to the fact that i have sole custody of my daughter and i'm worried that something like that could jeopardize it. it's very clear that judges seem to think it's against the law. if someone gets busted and subsequently cleared of charges, i'd be much more likely to do it in the future. or if the CADL decision ends up in our favor and we end up getting the judge, on record, to state something about school OC being legal.
    "If it ain't loaded and cocked it don't shoot." - Rooster Cogburn
    http://www.graystatemovie.com/

Banned
    That's a respectable position. I would take that as an "I would if I could" answer. Im trying to help free up our freedoms by doing what Im doing, so that its easier for everyone. This could also be a benefit in CADL as well.

Regular Member quarter horseman's Avatar
    I have a few time's at basketball games, not during school hours yet, but will sometime soon.

Quote Originally Posted by stainless1911 View Post
    I was accused of being the only one who OCed at schools.
    That's a false accusation. I OC'ed while voting at Brick Elementary School in Augusta Twp, MI.

But I wouldn't just show up at a school just to OC. That's kind of silly.

My philosophy on carrying (CC or OC) - Be armed where ever you go. Don't go somewhere because you are armed.
    Last edited by kubel; 04-04-2011 at 10:13 PM.

Banned
    I dont just go anywhere to carry. I OC everywhere, all day, even in my home. Truth be told, I dont take it off while I sleep, but I do take the round out of the chamber.

I dont just go anywhere to carry. I OC everywhere, all day, even in my home. Truth be told, I dont take it off while I sleep, but I do take the round out of the chamber.
    How the heck do you sleep with a 1911 on your hip. My Glock is under my pillow but I can't imagine sleeping with it, heck I don't like laying in bed watching TV with it on my hip, I also don't like wearing my pants while I sleep so I suppose that would be another reason why I couldn't imagine it lol.
    "No state shall convert a liberty to a privilege, license it, and charge a fee therefor.- Murdock vs Pennsylvania 319 US 105

...If the state converts a right into a privelege, the citizen can ignore the license and fee and engage in the right... with impunity.
    - Shuttleworth vs City of Birmingham, Alabama 317 US 262

Where rights secured by the Constitution are involved, there can be no legislation which would abrogate them.
    - Miranda vs Arizona 384 US 436

Banned
    I carry in a thigh rig, slides to the front very easily which just tucks it out of the way. I've seen to much in this neighborhood to risk looking for it when half asleep. You know what its like when you are awakened, and not sure for a sec which way is left or right. If the place caught on fire, its time to leave, not to look for the gun before I go. Trailers go up really fast. The last thing I want to do, is to be left without a place to live, and no gun.

I have OC'd at a grade school and on the property of a high school. If I am at a school again, I will do so again.
    (no issues either time)

Once I get my CPL, I'd have no problem doing so.

I'm currently at Macomb Community College OCing an empty holster as part of SCCC's empty holster protest. I've had a few people ask questions, and have been able to talk to them about it, and they seemed receptive to the idea.

Oh, and I've also had the same campus police officer drive past me three times on the walk to the financial aid office.

Sent from my Verizon iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Harry25; 04-05-2011 at 06:59 PM.

Banned
    Kudos to you sir, for OC the empty holster. The WTPD asked me to not even do that at the school.

Campaign Veteran smellslikemichigan's Avatar
    Kudos to you sir, for OC the empty holster. The WTPD asked me to not even do that at the school.
    did you tell them where they could put their holsters?
    "If it ain't loaded and cocked it don't shoot." - Rooster Cogburn
    http://www.graystatemovie.com/

Thumbs up

OCed at grade school where I voted.No problem!Will OC anywhere I have business!
    Today JESUS would tell me to sell my coat and buy two Springfield XD Compact 45acp's!

NRA LIFER,GOA,MOC Inc.,CLSD,MCRGO,UAW! MOLON LABE!!

Banned
    I would be pleased and proud if all the CCers decided to OC at school, and again while they vote.

OC'd at school while giving blood and again while voting.

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter Venator's Avatar
    I would like to compile a list of schools that seem to allow OC. Please PM me if you OC in your school.
    An Amazon best seller "MY PARENTS OPEN CARRY" http://www.myparentsopencarry.com/

*The information contained above is not meant to be legal advice, but is solely intended as a starting point for further research. These are my opinions, if you have further questions it is advisable to seek out an attorney that is well versed in firearm law.

Banned
    We forgot to bring up the voting OC issue. !