• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Profiling?

woodchuck114

Some may consider this off subject, but I had an experience with a LEO the other day that I would consider "pleasant" for a lack of a better term that to me just goes to show that being courteous, honest, and not providing "unnecessary" answers/info is the best policy. At least for me. To keep the story short, my license plate light went out without me noticing and on my way to the store a Sheriff noticed this and pulled me over. After the usual introduction and why he pulled me over he asked to see my license. Considering that both my firearm and license were on my right side I chose to inform him that before reaching for my wallet that I had a firearm on my right side as well. ( I know that I legally did not have to do this) He asked me to step out and politely asked me a few questions, which I answered with simple yes/no/minimal answers, disarmed me with my permission, had me get back in my vehicle while he, I assume, ran my drivers license and my firearm. Once he came back he asked me to step back out, placed my firearm back into my holster, informed me that he was not going to write me a ticket, thanked me for letting him know that I was carrying, and had a friendly quick little conversation about firearms and cars and sent me on my way. I know others may say that I did not have to do or accept some of these things, but to me it was a good lesson that with LEOs, at least the good ones, simple honesty and cooperation are the best policies and will send you on your way to continue your day. Just my personal opinion though.