Thread: Subpoena issued to ATF for 'Gunrunner' documents

Subpoena issued to ATF for 'Gunrunner' documents

BREAKING: Issa issues subpoena to Melson for ‘Gunrunner’ documents

Reacting swiftly to Wednesday’s non-response from the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives to provide certain documents relating to “Project Gunrunner,” Congressman Darrell Issa, chairman of the House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform this morning subpoenaed Acting ATF Director Kenneth Melson to produce the documents.

http://www.examiner.com/gun-rights-i...nner-documents

And from Vanderboegh:

http://sipseystreetirregulars.blogsp...documents.html

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Great news!

Now hopefully the fortitude required to push this to the end doesn't dissipate.

Prosecute those law breaking thugs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Beretta92FSLady View Post
    Personal responsibility is a facade created by religious people in particular...
    On "Personal Responsibility just after the previous, in the same exact thread.
    Religion uses is as a tool, they did not create it.
    The wheels on the bus go round and round...round and round.

You think that I am ill-equipped...hit me with your best shot Einstein, I am calling you out.

Free will is only slightly a conscious exercise...

Director Melsesn's probable reply:

"Documents? What documents?

Oh!....... Those documents!

Nobody told me we needed to keep those!

Those were shredded. Someone should have told me to keep them. How was I supposed to know you were going to want them?

Oh, well.

BTW: Are we getting a funding increase?"
    Last edited by Superlite27; 04-01-2011 at 04:30 PM.

Banned
    Wow. A congressional investigation that is not a political witch-hunt, but is actually looking into malfeasance, misfeasance, and nonfeasance.

How refreshing.

Quote Originally Posted by eye95 View Post
    Wow. A congressional investigation that is not a political witch-hunt, but is actually looking into malfeasance, misfeasance, and nonfeasance.

How refreshing.
    Particularly with the power to bring a Contempt of Congress action against anyone. Finally, some fresh air on the subject.

Issa’s ‘Gunrunner’ probe will not be deterred by ‘ongoing investigation’ stall

A congressional probe into the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives’ “Project Gunrunner” controversy will not be stalled or derailed by the Justice Department’s assertion that it cannot hand over all documents sought by an April 1 subpoena, a congressional committee spokesman indicated to this column late yesterday.

http://www.examiner.com/gun-rights-i...tigation-stall

BATFE will use every trick in the book to stall, obfuscate, and deny access to their records.

The "ongoing investigation" red herring will play a big part in it.

And they can claim "national security" on ANY record that includes the name of any person who is an "asset" of the intelligence community, or is one person removed from such assets. They can also claim "national security on any bank accounts, Agency funds, processes, procedures, intelligence-gathering techniques, recordings, photographs, and memos that are related to "assets".

And you can believe that any op that BATFE was running that included members of other agencies (DHS, DOJ, DOD, CIA, NSA, ICE, etc) will be doubly stonewalled, by ATF and the associated agencies.

Don't hold your breath on this one folks--the heads that will roll will be patsies on the ground--low-level field agents who were compartmentalized and didn't know what they were really doing, and low-level cartel "gophers"--NOT the real criminals, the career bureaucratic desk jockeys with ties to the international banking cartels and the military-industrial complex (who are the ones who are ultimately profiting from the "war on drugs" through multi-billion-dollar laundering schemes and "defense" contracting pork)...
    Last edited by Dreamer; 04-06-2011 at 05:31 PM.
    It is our cause to dispel the foggy thinking which avoids hard decisions in the delusion that a world of conflict will somehow mysteriously resolve itself into a world of harmony, if we just don't rock the boat or irritate the forces of aggression—and this is hogwash."
    --Barry Goldwater, 1964

Accomplished Advocate
    if congress had any spine, they'd defund the ATF.

Quote Originally Posted by DKSuddeth View Post
    if congress had any spine, they'd defund the ATF.
    If Congress had any balls... they'd dismantle/disestablish the BATF completely. Something to chew on... Remember all those photo-ops with piles of guns claimed to be from the US siezed in Mexico? Duh? Not enough numbers? Manufacture some more evidence. See? We TOLD you... !!!!!

Meanwhile... boatloads of 'real' NFA weapons are comin' in from elsewhere in South America 'n Lord knows where else... and a fraction of the price for anything bought over the counter in the US.

There was one photo claiming a .50 cal rifle amoung the siezed trophies. Uh huh... There was a .50 cal. M-2A heavy machine gun in the center of the table. Y'know... the belt fed variety? Yeah... somebody bought that in Klutz's Gun Emporium in Hogbreath, Texas... Sure they did. Stupid media weenies don't know any better... or the difference.

Since the ATF is now in the gun smuggling biz....suppling guns to drug cartels and narco terrorist's they should be added to the Terrorist Organization List and the Terrorist No Fly List. Round up Janet Napolitano, the Head of the BATF and any others involved, send em to Gitmo and water board them until they fess up.

Better yet, let the victims of the BATF do the water boarding.

Hell I'd pay to see that video.
    Steve

"Life is hard, its even harder when you are stupid!"

Quote Originally Posted by .45acp View Post
    Since the ATF is now in the gun smuggling biz....suppling guns to drug cartels and narco terrorist's they should be added to the Terrorist Organization List and the Terrorist No Fly List. Round up Janet Napolitano, the Head of the BATF and any others involved, send em to Gitmo and water board them until they fess up.

Bet you just made another list - ain't you proud?
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Quote Originally Posted by .45acp View Post

They don't do waterboarding anymore. They just show a picture of napolitano kissing pelosi and the suspect spills his guts...

Quote Originally Posted by Gunslinger View Post
    a picture of napolitano kissing pelosi
    Wisconsin Carry Member
    My Castle Doctrine Law

Don't wish ill upon your enemy......plan it.

Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    Bet you just made another list - ain't you proud?

If thats all it takes then it will be a very, very long list and include about 60 million people.
    Steve

Quote Originally Posted by Gunslinger View Post
    They don't do waterboarding anymore. They just show a picture of napolitano kissing pelosi and the suspect spills his guts...
    Brother, that is an ugly visualization. I was about ready for dinner...I believe I'll just hold off awhile, I may not be hungry for breakfast .
    Steve

Ignorance of a local LEO...

In Tacoma, WA (Dave's hometown)..

A new and local blogger, who is also a police officer offers this assesment...

For this (illegal) business model to thrive, one needs guns. A lot of guns. Because of stringent anti-gun laws, Mexicans have often crossed the border for firearms. The ubiquitous presence of guns for sale, in stores, gun swaps or online from private individuals, has fueled a weapons trafficking business in the reverse direction of narcotics. In many cases, Americans have been the conduit for an endless flow of gun purchases. Only a small percentage are seized at the border. Not surprisingly, weapons recovered from cartel killings are commonly traced to the U.S.
    Read more: http://blog.thenewstribune.com/blueb...#ixzz1J9JwC9vA

I responded to his blog... More ignorant serial misinformation regarding the matter.
    Last edited by gogodawgs; 04-10-2011 at 03:16 PM.
    Live Free or Die!

My opinion...

From day one that this scandal broke it is my opinion that this program was created by the Obama administration to portray the firearms industry, gun owners, the NRA and all like associated groups as the bad guys. It is an intentional act by the administration.
    Live Free or Die!

Arrogance or Ignorance

I will be interested to read this blog when those culpable in the gunrunner scandal are exposed.

I heard a little factoid in discussion the other day, "did you know that about 92 percent of people getting their new from the internet take it to be fact"?

Have you noticed when this administration claims a threat to national security they fail to define it. What is it called when you claim the same thing over and over again purporting it to be fact? We are from the government and we are here to help you.
    The problem with America is stupidity.
    I'm not saying there should be capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?

Quote Originally Posted by Whitney View Post

I will be interested to read this blog when those culpable in the gunrunner scandal are exposed.

I heard a little factoid in discussion the other day, "did you know that about 92 percent of people getting their new from the internet take it to be fact"?

Have you noticed when this administration claims a threat to national security they fail to define it. What is it called when you claim the same thing over and over again purporting it to be fact? We are from the government and we are here to help you.
    Trust (or not) but verify.

The first clue is the credibility of the author.

Well, how credible is this guy:

ATF preparing answers to Congress following ‘Gillett revelation’

That all of this has happened in the wake of Grassley’s disclosure that Gillett has been cooperating with the investigation and has an attorney leaves observers wondering if there isn’t a new “Fast and Furious” operation now in progress, and that ATF is furiously trying to clean up a mess that CleanUpATF.org (CUATF) has dubbed “One of the most serious scandals in federal law enforcement history.”

http://www.examiner.com/gun-rights-i...ett-revelation