• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Subpoena issued to ATF for 'Gunrunner' documents

Dave Workman

BREAKING: Issa issues subpoena to Melson for ‘Gunrunner’ documents

Reacting swiftly to Wednesday’s non-response from the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives to provide certain documents relating to “Project Gunrunner,” Congressman Darrell Issa, chairman of the House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform this morning subpoenaed Acting ATF Director Kenneth Melson to produce the documents.

http://www.examiner.com/gun-rights-...es-subpoena-to-melson-for-gunrunner-documents

And from Vanderboegh:

http://sipseystreetirregulars.blogspot.com/2011/04/flash-rep-issa-subpoenas-documents.html

slowfiveoh

Great news!

Now hopefully the fortitude required to push this to the end doesn't dissipate.

Prosecute those law breaking thugs.

Superlite27

Director Melsesn's probable reply:

"Documents? What documents?

Oh!....... Those documents!

Nobody told me we needed to keep those!

Those were shredded. Someone should have told me to keep them. How was I supposed to know you were going to want them?

Oh, well.

BTW: Are we getting a funding increase?"

Last edited:

eye95

Wow. A congressional investigation that is not a political witch-hunt, but is actually looking into malfeasance, misfeasance, and nonfeasance.

How refreshing.

Gunslinger

Wow. A congressional investigation that is not a political witch-hunt, but is actually looking into malfeasance, misfeasance, and nonfeasance.

How refreshing.

Particularly with the power to bring a Contempt of Congress action against anyone. Finally, some fresh air on the subject.

Dave Workman

Issa’s ‘Gunrunner’ probe will not be deterred by ‘ongoing investigation’ stall

A congressional probe into the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives’ “Project Gunrunner” controversy will not be stalled or derailed by the Justice Department’s assertion that it cannot hand over all documents sought by an April 1 subpoena, a congressional committee spokesman indicated to this column late yesterday.

http://www.examiner.com/gun-rights-...ot-be-deterred-by-ongoing-investigation-stall

Dreamer

BATFE will use every trick in the book to stall, obfuscate, and deny access to their records.

The "ongoing investigation" red herring will play a big part in it.

And they can claim "national security" on ANY record that includes the name of any person who is an "asset" of the intelligence community, or is one person removed from such assets. They can also claim "national security on any bank accounts, Agency funds, processes, procedures, intelligence-gathering techniques, recordings, photographs, and memos that are related to "assets".

And you can believe that any op that BATFE was running that included members of other agencies (DHS, DOJ, DOD, CIA, NSA, ICE, etc) will be doubly stonewalled, by ATF and the associated agencies.

Don't hold your breath on this one folks--the heads that will roll will be patsies on the ground--low-level field agents who were compartmentalized and didn't know what they were really doing, and low-level cartel "gophers"--NOT the real criminals, the career bureaucratic desk jockeys with ties to the international banking cartels and the military-industrial complex (who are the ones who are ultimately profiting from the "war on drugs" through multi-billion-dollar laundering schemes and "defense" contracting pork)...

Last edited:

Sonora Rebel

if congress had any spine, they'd defund the ATF.

If Congress had any balls... they'd dismantle/disestablish the BATF completely. Something to chew on... Remember all those photo-ops with piles of guns claimed to be from the US siezed in Mexico? Duh? Not enough numbers? Manufacture some more evidence. See? We TOLD you... !!!!!

Meanwhile... boatloads of 'real' NFA weapons are comin' in from elsewhere in South America 'n Lord knows where else... and a fraction of the price for anything bought over the counter in the US.

There was one photo claiming a .50 cal rifle amoung the siezed trophies. Uh huh... There was a .50 cal. M-2A heavy machine gun in the center of the table. Y'know... the belt fed variety? Yeah... somebody bought that in Klutz's Gun Emporium in Hogbreath, Texas... Sure they did. Stupid media weenies don't know any better... or the difference.

.45acp

Since the ATF is now in the gun smuggling biz....suppling guns to drug cartels and narco terrorist's they should be added to the Terrorist Organization List and the Terrorist No Fly List. Round up Janet Napolitano, the Head of the BATF and any others involved, send em to Gitmo and water board them until they fess up.

Better yet, let the victims of the BATF do the water boarding.

Hell I'd pay to see that video.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Since the ATF is now in the gun smuggling biz....suppling guns to drug cartels and narco terrorist's they should be added to the Terrorist Organization List and the Terrorist No Fly List. Round up Janet Napolitano, the Head of the BATF and any others involved, send em to Gitmo and water board them until they fess up.

Bet you just made another list - ain't you proud? :lol:

Gunslinger

They don't do waterboarding anymore. They just show a picture of napolitano kissing pelosi and the suspect spills his guts...

XDFDE45

a picture of napolitano kissing pelosi
puke.gif

.45acp

They don't do waterboarding anymore. They just show a picture of napolitano kissing pelosi and the suspect spills his guts...

Brother, that is an ugly visualization. I was about ready for dinner...I believe I'll just hold off awhile, I may not be hungry for breakfast .

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
Ignorance of a local LEO...

In Tacoma, WA (Dave's hometown)..

A new and local blogger, who is also a police officer offers this assesment...

For this (illegal) business model to thrive, one needs guns. A lot of guns. Because of stringent anti-gun laws, Mexicans have often crossed the border for firearms. The ubiquitous presence of guns for sale, in stores, gun swaps or online from private individuals, has fueled a weapons trafficking business in the reverse direction of narcotics. In many cases, Americans have been the conduit for an endless flow of gun purchases. Only a small percentage are seized at the border. Not surprisingly, weapons recovered from cartel killings are commonly traced to the U.S.

Read more: http://blog.thenewstribune.com/blue...tel-violence-as-much-as-mexico/#ixzz1J9JwC9vA

I responded to his blog... More ignorant serial misinformation regarding the matter.

Last edited:

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
My opinion...

From day one that this scandal broke it is my opinion that this program was created by the Obama administration to portray the firearms industry, gun owners, the NRA and all like associated groups as the bad guys. It is an intentional act by the administration.

Whitney

Arrogance or Ignorance

Read more: http://blog.thenewstribune.com/blueb...#ixzz1J9JwC9vA

I will be interested to read this blog when those culpable in the gunrunner scandal are exposed.

I heard a little factoid in discussion the other day, "did you know that about 92 percent of people getting their new from the internet take it to be fact"?

Have you noticed when this administration claims a threat to national security they fail to define it. What is it called when you claim the same thing over and over again purporting it to be fact? We are from the government and we are here to help you.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Read more: http://blog.thenewstribune.com/blueb...#ixzz1J9JwC9vA

I will be interested to read this blog when those culpable in the gunrunner scandal are exposed.

I heard a little factoid in discussion the other day, "did you know that about 92 percent of people getting their new from the internet take it to be fact"?

Have you noticed when this administration claims a threat to national security they fail to define it. What is it called when you claim the same thing over and over again purporting it to be fact? We are from the government and we are here to help you.

Trust (or not) but verify.

The first clue is the credibility of the author.