• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

New guy ?

Chris Kalinski

1st post is a question.
I own a Browning high power and a S&W Mod 39 both in 9mm.
I have a Florida CC but understand it's only a matter of weeks before the state goes OC also. Shorts and polo shirt is the normal attire, so am I better off with an IWB holster or OWB? Which one is the most comfortable?
Thanks in advance.
Chris

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Welcome to OCDO.

Don't know why you think that OC is just weeks away in Florida. That's not the case.

Suggest that you take the opportunity to get current on where SB 234 stands in the process. Definitely not a done deal.
http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?93-Florida

Meanwhile stay with the holsters you have, presume they are good for CC.

BTW - the Fl permit is referred to as a CWP, concealed weapon permit.

Last edited:

Chris Kalinski

Let me try it this way, is the IWB holster comfortable enough to carry a steel frame BHP in a pair of shorts ??
Chris

.45acp

Hi Chris and welcome to Open Carry.

No simple answer to your question. Depends on what IWB holster and belt you plan on using.

Both guns you have (BHP and Mod 39) are large frame guns, and as such they require a soild holster like the Sparks Summer Special, Mitch Rosen or one of the other high end makers. Use a solid belt that fills the belt slots also.

Good Luck