• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Dick's Sporting Goods - Renton Landing open 4/1/2011

bikemutt

Dick's opened today at the Landing in Renton.

Picked up a nice, cheap range scope for myself, also noticed handgun ammo buy 1 get the second at 1/2 price.

9mm luger for example is $30/100 rounds, that's $45/200 rounds. $0.225/round, 115 gr. FMJ Winchester.

Don't plan on any guns sales this weekend, the guy next to me tried, the store's FFL = FAIL (for now).

bikemutt

Winchester? The interesting peeps are a plus though, come to think of it.

Last edited:

golddigger14s

Activist Member
9mm

My "supplier" produces 9mm for me for right at $5 per box. As a matter of fact, I'll be going upstairs and making several boxes this afternoon.

Reloading sure makes it affordable to shoot a lot.
I'll be at Starbucks Sunday and would be happy to buy 250 rounds.

amlevin

I'll be at Starbucks Sunday and would be happy to buy 250 rounds.

Sorry but I don't feel like going through the "hoops" to obtain a type 6 FFL. It's only $30 but then I have to put up with uninvited guests from the ATF annually, pay a 15% excise tax, Obtain a State Business License $125/year if I recall correctly, and then do all their #^@#$%& book work to collect and remit state sales tax. All this so I can legally sell the stuff.

I can direct you to a good deal on a basic reloading setup and you can load a box or so every evening for a modest investment.25 or 30 boxes would pay for the setup.

amlevin

Walmart 10$ a box of 9/50 everyday. Plus you get to see all the cool interesting people.

I don't think he meant these:

511HX4V2W4L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Last edited:

Whitney

I'm Your Huckleberry

I can direct you to a good deal on a basic reloading setup and you can load a box or so every evening for a modest investment.25 or 30 boxes would pay for the setup.

My new years resolution is to be set up and reloading by fall. I want to be able to load large caliber rifle as well as .40, 9mm & .380. I would welcome experienced opinions.

~Whitney

amlevin

My new years resolution is to be set up and reloading by fall. I want to be able to load large caliber rifle as well as .40, 9mm & .380. I would welcome experienced opinions.

~Whitney

Here's a recommended starting point.

http://www.amazon.com/Breech-Challenger-Press-Bushings-Anniversary/dp/B00162RM3E

This is the press, powder measure, scale, primer tool, and most of the small items needed to load ammo from pistol to large rifle. Sorry, it won't do 50 BMG but it will do 30-06 and the rest.

You should also get a good manual like the LEE 2nd Edition. I also recommend a good "How To" book for beginners like "The ABC's of Reloading".

You will also need a set of dies for each Caliber you choose to load. For pistol get the Carbide Dies. You don't need to mess with lubrication for the cases. Rifle dies will still make you lube the cases when "sizing".

All in all, you will spend about $100 on the press and tool kit above, about $25 per caliber for the Carbide Dies, and about $30 for each Rifle die set.

The books run from $20 -$30 each but are almost a requirement for a beginner. The Lee 2nd addition is not only a good primer on basics, but it also has a huge database of loading data. Starting and maximum powder weights for almost every caliber and bullet currently used today.

You can spend a lot more, my equipment and tools total in the thousands, but this will get one started. Usual investment is less than $200 and you can load a box or two in an evening almost from the beginning.

Start slow and see how you like the process. In time you may move up to the more expensive progressive presses, electronic powder dispensers, power case trimmers, etc. Or you may not.

Even if you "Upgrade" this basic press setup will continue to serve you for "load development". I still have my first single stage press from over 30 years ago.

A good place to "shop" is http://www.midwayusa.com/reloading

Just don't order powder and primers from them at the same time. They have to charge two hazmat fees as they ship from two different sources.

For powder and primers I recommend http://www.powdervalleyinc.com/

They ship from a single point and can ship up to 50# with only one hazmat fee.

Trigger Dr

Whitney,
I am in Port Orchard, and meet with you when schedules permit. You are welcome to come by and I will work with you getting the basics completed. If I have the dies, you can use my bench to get the feel of reloading. I have reloaded since 1959.
This is my setup.
Sinlge stage press on the left, hand press for use when I shoot long range matches in the center, and progressive press for all my pistol calibres.
loaded rounds in the back are 535 gr 45/70 competetion loads.
007-1.jpg

sudden valley gunner

Whitney,
I am in Port Orchard, and meet with you when schedules permit. You are welcome to come by and I will work with you getting the basics completed. If I have the dies, you can use my bench to get the feel of reloading. I have reloaded since 1959.
This is my setup.
Sinlge stage press on the left, hand press for use when I shoot long range matches in the center, and progressive press for all my pistol calibres.
loaded rounds in the back are 535 gr 45/70 competetion loads.
007-1.jpg

Nice!

DevinWKuska

I've just been wondering which Wal-Mart she works in. QUOTE]

+10 Pfft I will stop boycotting walmart and buy whatever she wants me to if she can show me some clothing rollbacks...

wait... is that prostitution? Or is that just how relationships start?

Last edited:

amlevin

I've just been wondering which Wal-Mart she works in.

+10 Pfft I will stop boycotting walmart and buy whatever she wants me to if she can show me some clothing rollbacks...

wait... is that prostitution? Or is that just how relationships start?

Not prostitution, just Modern Marketing. Remember, Sex Sells. It's only illegal if you pay for it, not the product that it sells.

BTW, here's a picture of the "owner" Helen Walton

225px-HelenWalton.jpg

I wonder if she approves of the "video"?

(note: While not technically the owner, she and her family control just under 40% of the stock in Wal-Mart. That's a lot of clout)