Thread: Open Carry Seminar at the Dowagiac Conservation Club on April 28th @7:00 PM

Open Carry Seminar at the Dowagiac Conservation Club on April 28th @7:00 PM

Michigan Open Carry Inc. will be holding a free OC seminar at the Dowagiac Conservation Club on April 28th @ 7:00 PM

This will be a 1 to 2 hour seminar on the legality of carrying a firearm openly with or without a CPL. You will learn about how the various firearm carry laws interact in MI and what you can and cannot legally do in regards to OC and CC.

Directions: http://tinyurl.com/directions-link

Please direct any questions to rransom@miopencarry.org
    Anything I post may be my opinion and not the law... you are responsible to do your own verification.

Blackstone (1753-1765) maintains that "the law holds that it is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."

Remember this is coming up Thursday! See you all there!
    Anything I post may be my opinion and not the law... you are responsible to do your own verification.

Blackstone (1753-1765) maintains that "the law holds that it is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."

Below was originally posted by Redskin on MOC

This was a great event, and many thanks to autosurgeon for making the trip out to Dowagiac. I counted 40 people in total showed up, and I recognized some LEOs and the Cass County Clerk. The Security Director for Southwestern Michigan College also showed up with one of the professors there.

I'd like to see this happen again this summer, but now that I know a little more about what it takes to get it going, I think we can do a lot better. For one, I didn't promote this like I should have--I think I can double the turn-out. I'd also like to do it on a Saturday, and follow it with a picnic or a dinner. The owner of the Wounded Minnow Saloon has indicated he would be willing to give written permission for us to carry there. So, an afternoon talk followed by a group trip downtown would work perfectly.

Last edited by autosurgeon; 04-29-2011 at 08:29 AM.

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter Venator's Avatar
    Except for the funny looking instructor the crowd was great. Nice to have some government types attend.

You did a great job RR.
    An Amazon best seller "MY PARENTS OPEN CARRY" http://www.myparentsopencarry.com/

*The information contained above is not meant to be legal advice, but is solely intended as a starting point for further research. These are my opinions, if you have further questions it is advisable to seek out an attorney that is well versed in firearm law.

Every success event like this spreads the OC word. I love it.