• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Subject: Urgent California open carry rights alert!

Mike

Site Co-Founder
California open carriers:

Thanks to activism and emails to your California legislators LAST year, AB 1934 and open carry in the Golden state was saved - temporarily.

Unfortunately this year California open carry rights are under attack again by way of two bills: AB 144 & SB 661. In fact AB 144 will be heard in Committee on April 12th at 9AM - it is urgent that you act now to stop these bills.

Action Item 1: Sign the new petition at http://www.petitiononline.com/CalOCPet/petition.html

Action Item 2: Contact your California Assembly member & Senator!
Unlike members of the FEDERAL Congress, state legislators often get very little constituent contact. In many states merely 5 – 10 constituent contacts on a particular bill proves decisive as to how a legislator votes and/or influences her party caucus to pressure key committee members.

So be part of the solution - find your YOUR California Assembly member & Senator at http://www.leginfo.ca.gov/yourleg.html and tell BOTH of them to oppose AB 144 & SB 661!

Suggested message:

Subject: Oppose AB 1144 & SB 661

Dear Assembly member [or Senator] _______:

I urge you to oppose AB 144 & SB 661.

These bills are aimed at making it difficult or impossible to open carry properly holstered handguns in California. Because California's concealed handgun permit program allows Sheriffs and police chiefs absolute discretion in issuance of concealed carry permits, open carry is the only way for most California citizens to carry handguns in public.

If these bills pass, California gun owners will be forced to open carry rifles and shotguns in public places - something which remains legal under the bills. California residents deserve to retain their Second Amendment right to carry handguns, and proponents of these bills want to stomp our rights into the ground.

And don't listen to these bills' backers' lies that their goal is to simply ensure that all open carriers are trained and licensed - if the bills' sponsors had introduced bills to establish a state wide "shall issue" open carry training and licensing program, then I would not be writing you.

Please let me know what you are going to do regarding AB 144 & SB 661.

Sincerely,

YOUR NAME
YOUR ADDRESS

ConditionThree

State Pioneer
I took a few moments to email my representatives, I urge all of our California membership to do the same today.

We should also light up the phones and email of the State Assembly Public Safety Commitee begining Monday morning.

Assembly Public Safety Committee

Tom Ammiano (D-13) - Chairman
(916) 319-2013
Assemblymember.Ammiano@assembly.ca.gov

Steve Knight (R-36) - Vice Chairman
(916) 319-2036
Assemblymember.Knight@assembly.ca.gov

Gilbert Cedillo (D-45)
(916) 319-2045
Assemblymember.Cedillo@assembly.ca.gov

Curt Hagman (D-60)
916) 319-2060
Assemblymember.Hagman@assembly.ca.gov

Jerry Hill (D-19)
916) 319-2019
Assemblymember.Hill@assembly.ca.gov

Holly J. Mitchell (D-47)
916) 319-2047
Assemblymember.Mitchell@assembly.ca.gov

Nancy Skinner (D-14)
916) 319-2014
Assemblymember.Skinner@assembly.ca.gov

puppy8agun

Letterhead

I would like to add that opposition on letterhead to get registered needs a signature, title, city, state and letterhead which can even be a business card in the corner. I was able to get a few more registered. As of Tuesday there were 108 citizen oppositions on file with public safety some which were letterhead opposition but missing one or a small item.

I am working to correct any and draw attention to all public safety members that they are not being told the whole story. It has become a game with the guy writing analysis (Greg Pegan).

So we do not need to worry too much about which committee it is in I have included all leaders for oppositions and myself which I will follow these all the way out. If you want to oppose any other bills I am happy to deliver these by hand too if you take the time to write.

Senate Majority Leader Ellen M. Corbett (916) 651-4010
Senate Minority Leader Bob Dutton (916) 327-2272
Assembly Majority Leader Charles M. Calderon (916) 319-2158
Assembly Minority Leader Connie Conway (916) 319-2134
Lobbyist for Right-to-Carry and Open Carry issues:
Alany Helmantoler (925) 798-0486 (to be delivered to correct committee by hand)

email:mdusd@sbcglobal.net