• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Brady Facebook Page

M

mattwestm

Sometimes I peruse the Brady bunch facebook page just for shits'n'giggles. I came across this gem today. Seems like the only smart person in this post is Vernon, the first commenter. About crime in England... Sure their crime is lower than the US... so is their population. But, when you compare the number of violent crimes per 100,000 people, the US rates rather low compared to other nations (Source). I really don't understand how these people can believe this tripe. I'd also argue that an Armed Citizen knows the law better than a police officer. I really want to reply to these people, but I'm sure I'd get banned.

y3Rah.png

Nevada carrier

You can't reason with them, their emotions have invaded their brain's reasoning center. Their organization is a failing one, better to let them fail on their own as they seem to do a great job of it without any infiltration from us. All you would accomplish by commenting would be to cause a flare up.

OldCurlyWolf

What caught my eye was the Español subtitles on the FB page.

Makes one wonder.

PS. got the ñ from MS Word and did a cut and paste.

Last edited:
M

mattwestm

What caught my eye was the Español subtitles on the FB page.

Makes one wonder.

PS. got the ñ from MS Word and did a cut and paste.

Oh, that's probably mine. I have the language on my facebook account set to French.

XDFDE45

I like the comment by Donnaruma. How many criminals do you know of are going to advertise that they are carrying a gun, not to mention how many criminals use a holster. They HIDE the gun in the waist of their pants. Clueless doesn't begin to describe these people :banghead:.

Nevada carrier

I love the armed citizens don't know the law comment...haha....classic.

Hey, sometimes it causes us a great deal of strife that we know the law, because we often know more about the law than the police officers whom we interact with. The police typically can't stand an educated, legally knowledgeable populace because it makes it harder for them to violate and manipulate our rights. I doubt, however they would have any trouble manipulating and violating the rights of the folks who support the Brady Campaign. In fact those people probably think the police are doing a great job every time they trample someone's rights.

MikeTheGreek

Haha. Brady's supporters are so bright..eh?

Bonnie forgot to mention that after the UK banned guns, gun crime tripled, stabbings doubled, and so did most other violent crimes.

**** yeah gun control! Last time I checked you're way more likely to get shot/stabbed in the UK than you are in the USA.

MikeTheGreek

I commented on that post on the Brady fan page, and also on their wall.

I'm waiting for them to get deleted, even though I didn't harass them, or say anything mean about them, I did actually state a few facts.

I do realize Brady doesn't deal with facts well, so it's a matter of time until my posts disappear.

M

mattwestm

I commented on that post on the Brady fan page, and also on their wall.

I'm waiting for them to get deleted, even though I didn't harass them, or say anything mean about them, I did actually state a few facts.

I do realize Brady doesn't deal with facts well, so it's a matter of time until my posts disappear.

Nice! I haven't bothered to post because they are apparently pretty strict about "cleaning" wall posts (I'd also have to "like" the Brady's page). Snuffing out the truth so only their false information and bigotry appears on the wall. I'm also sick of hearing about these "assault rifles" and "assault clips". So, they are only allowed to kill 10 people per magazine instead of 30, what a joke... Maybe these people should fix the crazy users instead of taking tools away from people who use guns to protect themselves from these psychos. If guns weren't around, they would use something else to complete their task. England is a perfect example. It's hard to get a gun, so people use knives. Now they are trying to ban knives with pointed edges and they come out with something like this: http://www.newpointknives.co.uk/ I also hate how these people always blame the NRA for everything.

MikeTheGreek

Brady deleted my comments, but they were on there for a good 2 or 3 hours. I got multiple messages from people supporting what I said, and one from some creepy guy calling me a Pro-Gun Nazi Troll (wtf?) But I think enough people read what I said that I'm happy with it lol.

I wasn't going to post, but as I read some of the things they've posted, for some reason I got extremely mad and just started typing.

I doubt they'll ever get anywhere with their claims, or pass any laws, so they'll die out just like all the other anti-gun campaigns over the years.

XDFDE45

I wasn't going to post, but as I read some of the things they've posted, for some reason I got extremely mad and just started typing.

Sometimes there are things you can't let go unchallenged. With me it's stupidity and hypocrisy and with Brady and all the other anti groups there is plenty of both when dealing with them.

I doubt they'll ever get anywhere with their claims, or pass any laws, so they'll die out just like all the other anti-gun campaigns over the years.

Sadly the stupidity part will prevent them from realizing they are fighting a losing fight. FBI statistics have shown gun ownership has risen steadily for close to 30 years but crime has decreased along with it but they still continue on with the "more guns will mean more deaths" mantra. Although I would have loved to have been a fly on the wall in their offices when the Heller and McDonald decisions came down :p.

Last edited: