Thread: Medically Fragile Man Kills Intruder in Self Defense

Medically Fragile Man Kills Intruder in Self Defense

http://www.kgw.com/news/Sources-SE-P...119077104.html

Posted on April 1, 2011 at 3:14 PM

PORTLAND -- A man killed in a Southeast Portland apartment Thursday was shot by his neighbor in self-defense, police said.

The Oregon State Medical Examiner concluded Friday that 49-year-old Vincent Lee Wyatt, of Southeast Portland, died from multiple gunshot wounds.

Dale Lloyd Duncan, 69, was in his own apartment and banged on the wall to alert the next door neighbor that the noise in that apartment was too loud, according to Portland Police Sgt. Pete Simpson.

Background: Friend identifies man killed in Portland shooting

Wyatt was visiting the next door unit and went over to confront Duncan, at which point he entered Duncan's residence, Simpson said. Wyatt threatened and pushed Duncan, so Duncan got a handgun and fired several shots.

Simpson said Wyatt then fell and landed on top of Duncan, who is medically fragile. When police arrived, Duncan was calling for help, with Wyatt lying on top of him.

Wyatt died at the scene and Duncan was transported to an area hospital for an unrelated medical condition. Duncan has cooperated with investigators.

No arrests were anticipated and no charges were expected to be filed in the case, as investigators determined the shooting was self-defense.

Wow! talk about a story cutting to the chase.
    "BG went over to his house and pushed and threatened him, so the medically fragile LAC got his gun and killed him until he was dead, the end."

Well knowing the great city of Portland, OR.... they did good investigation to ensure it was self defense... those DA's will take anything related to guns they can. Portland also tries to enforce laws beyond what is authorized by the OR state legislature... what a surprise.

Here is the video now btw

http://www.kgw.com/news/Police-inves...118999174.html
    Last edited by Historyman1942; 04-02-2011 at 06:13 PM.

Founder's Club Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dahwg View Post
    Wow! talk about a story cutting to the chase.
    "BG went over to his house and pushed and threatened him, so the medically fragile LAC got his gun and killed him until he was dead, the end."
    I always hate when the LAC kills him until not quite dead.

Also, I always hate when the LAC kills him until dead, but does not end there. Those anthropogenic resurrections bug me no end. Violate my trust in divinity, don't you know.
    Last edited by Citizen; 04-02-2011 at 06:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Claytron View Post
    the alleged bad guy allegedly pushed the man you mean?

Remember that just because this is a gun forum doesnt mean that anyone who shoots another person is a "LAC", or that they even made the right choice to shoot. Story says the man just came over and pushed the disabled guy at which point he was shot, but only the guy who was shot and the shooter really know what happened.
    Nope. I'm doing a synopsis of the story. Nowhere did I read "alleged". I did however read "...as investigators determined the shooting was self-defense."

Investigation done, determination made. Good shoot.

Quote Originally Posted by Claytron View Post
    the alleged bad guy allegedly pushed the man you mean?

Remember that just because this is a gun forum doesnt mean that anyone who shoots another person is a "LAC", or that they even made the right choice to shoot. Story says the man just came over and pushed the disabled guy at which point he was shot, but only the guy who was shot and the shooter really know what happened.

Yeah, and only half of those people are talking.

WTF does LAC mean?

Quote Originally Posted by jeeper1 View Post
    WTF does LAC mean?
    Law Abiding Citizen
    Quote Originally Posted by Beretta92FSLady View Post
    Personal responsibility is a facade created by religious people in particular...
    On "Personal Responsibility just after the previous, in the same exact thread.
    Religion uses is as a tool, they did not create it.
    The wheels on the bus go round and round...round and round.

You think that I am ill-equipped...hit me with your best shot Einstein, I am calling you out.

Free will is only slightly a conscious exercise...

Quote Originally Posted by Dahwg View Post
    Nope. I'm doing a synopsis of the story. Nowhere did I read "alleged". I did however read "...as investigators determined the shooting was self-defense."

Investigation done, determination made. Good shoot.
    When he pushed the man and walked into his apartment, he made forcible entry. That may be responded to in the State of Alabama with any level of force up to deadly.
    It takes a village to raise an idiot.