• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Wisconsin Car Pool Thread

Outdoorsman1

With todays (and future) gas prices combined with the distance to attend some events, here is a thread to list if you are willing to drive, chip in for gas, looking for a ride, etc. with other OC'ers in your area to be able to make a long distance events. This idea might help increase attendence to events.

I am in SE WI. and formed a car pool to make the annual meeting in Madison. It work out great. I drove and had three other riders that made the trip much more enjoyable as well as affordable.

Obviously, this thread can be utilized by anyone located anywhere in WI or neighboring states...

I'll start...

I would be interest in a car pool to the upcoming talked about event (supper) in Madison. I would also be interested in one going to the Janesville barbeque (if it turns into a reality). I would be willing to drive or chip in for gas. Meeting place open for discussion.

Outdoorsman1

Editied to add: If this thread becomes usefull, maybe a "sticky" ?

Last edited:
M

McX

based on the theory the math and movement applies; i will have a Florida Hurricane Evacuation Vehicle available for use. it carries 8 i think, with plenty of room. Gas will be horrific at 10.8 miles per gallon, but if everyone is in, we'll get there. this machine will hamper me going anywhere solo. Good topic, good thread, nice to see some new thoughts on here.

xd40 neenah

Anyone in the Fox Valley area want to car pool to SE wisconsin events? I would have to know somewhat in advance to make sure i have a day off. Great idea.

Outdoorsman1

Bump with message on madison hearing car pool...

I am posting this to notify those that already have seats in my car pool that I might not be able to go and they should at least have a back up plan to get to Madison. I will be in contact with each via PM's on a daily basis with updates as to whats happening.

PM's Sent To All Concerned....

Outdoorsman1

BrewTownBagger

I live in Wauwatosa and have room for four other people. If you need a ride, let me know. I'm going come hell or high water!

Please shoot me a private message if you're interested

Last edited:

Running Wolf

Campaign Veteran
Outdoorsman, do you know yet if you can make the hearing, and if so is there still space?

Are there any other carpools going to Madison from SE Wisconsin for the hearing on 5/12?

Outdoorsman1

Outdoorsman, do you know yet if you can make the hearing, and if so is there still space?

Are there any other carpools going to Madison from SE Wisconsin for the hearing on 5/12?

It's looking like I will not be able to be in Madison for the hearings..

This REALLY SUKS..... I will be there in spirt so someone please "Give Em Hell" for me...

Good Luck.....

Outdoorsman1

PS: I am lucky just to be able to sneak in here to check up on how things are going and what's happening...

Last edited:

MKEgal

Btb -

We need to coordinate about where & when to meet tomorrow.
(shhh... don't tell your wife) :p
Sent you PMs with my phone #s, or look me up @ Cabela's tonight.

Madmodder

I live about 25 mins from Madison, but west of Madison. I will be at Madison, unless anyone is going from or thru Madison to go to Wausau. Can meet you near the interstate or what ever your route is that you're taking to get up there. Let me know.