• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

What is going on with the BB Gun Discharge Bill?

TFred

And more specifically, from the Virginia LIS site, we learn that the Governor's recommendation is to replace this:

"2. That any ordinance enacted by a locality prior to the enactment of subsection B of § 15.2-915.4 of the Code of Virginia shall be null and void."

with this:

"2. That notwithstanding any other provision of law, general or special, any local ordinance adopted prior to the effective date of this act that prohibits the use of pneumatic guns on or within private property with permission of the owner or legal possessor of the property when conducted with reasonable care to prevent a projectile from crossing the bounds of the property shall be invalid."

Better or worse?

TFred

Wolf_shadow

Activist Member
And more specifically, from the Virginia LIS site, we learn that the Governor's recommendation is to replace this:

"2. That any ordinance enacted by a locality prior to the enactment of subsection B of § 15.2-915.4 of the Code of Virginia shall be null and void."

with this:

"2. That notwithstanding any other provision of law, general or special, any local ordinance adopted prior to the effective date of this act that prohibits the use of pneumatic guns on or within private property with permission of the owner or legal possessor of the property when conducted with reasonable care to prevent a projectile from crossing the bounds of the property shall be invalid."

Better or worse?

TFred

Seams like more complicated wording to give someone a back door. :banghead:

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Boy I hate to sound like a grouch....but who cares!

This is one of those things I freely admit I violate the law in the burbs often. Duh, what is it , a $50.00 fine , if you get caught which is unlikely?

It would be nice to have McDonnell sign it but since I've said quite often since the election, MCDONNELL IS NOT A FRIEND OF GUN OWNERS.

He is a showboater.

Further, it's a little humiliating that we even dignify that bill as the ONLY victory of this General Assembly Session. Better to just try to ignore it and do better next year.

And the last rant...(for a while anyway) Why is it that Rifle carry is not considered OC for this forum, and honest criticism of certain people in law enforcement, is considered Cop Bashing...but...fretting about Ralphiy's Red Ryder BB Gun with the Compass in the stock....Bill, that McDonnell is trying to weasel out of signing, is?

I can hear Goddard laughing now. "Gee Dudes, can't get your BB Gun Bill signed.:mad:

There are bigger fish to gill net!

Last edited:

Pagan

I believe the changes to be an improvement, because by adding the legal possessor, would seem to also include renters, as well as property OWNERS, which would not included renters or children living on property their family owned, but not actually having deed to the property, am I missing something?

Last edited:

Thundar

Boy I hate to sound like a grouch....but who cares!

This is one of those things I freely admit I violate the law in the burbs often. Duh, what is it , a $50.00 fine , if you get caught which is unlikely?

It would be nice to have McDonnell sign it but since I've said quite often since the election, MCDONNELL IS NOT A FRIEND OF GUN OWNERS.

He is a showboater.

Further, it's a little humiliating that we even dignify that bill as the ONLY victory of this General Assembly Session. Better to just try to ignore it and do better next year.

And the last rant...(for a while anyway) Why is it that Rifle carry is not considered OC for this forum, and honest criticism of certain people in law enforcement, is considered Cop Bashing...but...fretting about Ralphiy's Red Ryder BB Gun with the Compass in the stock....Bill, that McDonnell is trying to weasel out of signing, is?

I can hear Goddard laughing now. "Gee Dudes, can't get your BB Gun Bill signed.:mad:

There are bigger fish to gill net!

+1 Peter. I only asked because it seemed comical that this little scrap for gun owners from the General Assembley was in need of fixin' by the guvna.