• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Cop Kicked Out

smellslikemichigan

Campaign Veteran
You know, there are websites out there where you can write up the abuse and humiliation you had to endure. The bigger the pile, the greater the weight.

yes, i'm all over it, i am a big advocate for the abolition of the TSA. and my incident was in august of 2010 so i had no warning, it hadn't hit the media yet that people were being groped. i would have taken the option they offered of turning around and walking out of "their" checkpoint, but i was on my honeymoon...
when i stood up for myself and politely got in the agent and supervisors faces, my wife was worried for a minute we wouldn't be flying at all. she supports me though and knows that we will not fly again until the TSA is abolished. i will not subject myself, my beautiful wife and daughter to such indignities.

Last edited:

ElectricianLU58

i wish that i had a cafe, so i could kick out every cop that is OCing. except i would like to do it with a gun on my own hip.

is it legal to allow some people to OC and not others? as a private property owner, do you legally have to have the same rules for everyone or can you randomly tell people they cannot carry in your business? would this open you up to lawsuits for discrimination?

DanM

That story seems more fiction than fact, from the attempts to verify it I tried. Found this, which calls it into serious question:

http://www.elliott.org/blog/wheres-the-cafe-that-refuses-to-serve-the-tsa/

Also, searching on the name of the person reported there and other relevant search terms pulls up nothing giving credibility.

Do you have any info verifying this story?

ProShooter

www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA
If I was the police chief, I would make sure that no police officer ever set foot again in that store again - in order to respect the owner's wishes.

I would also suggest to the owner that he hire some private security, as the Supreme Court had already decided over 100 years ago that the police do not have a responsibility to protect the individual citizen, and since he didn't want the police on his property, we'd be happy to oblige.

stainless1911

Banned
i wish that i had a cafe, so i could kick out every cop that is OCing. except i would like to do it with a gun on my own hip.

is it legal to allow some people to OC and not others? as a private property owner, do you legally have to have the same rules for everyone or can you randomly tell people they cannot carry in your business? would this open you up to lawsuits for discrimination?

No, you have the right to pick and choose, you have the right to refuse service to anyone. If that were not true, buisinesses wouldnt be able to kick out OCers.

StingMP9

Madison Hts-Carry M&P9mm CPL/NRA mem, Michigan, US
yes, i'm all over it, i am a big advocate for the abolition of the TSA. and my incident was in august of 2010 so i had no warning, it hadn't hit the media yet that people were being groped. i would have taken the option they offered of turning around and walking out of "their" checkpoint, but i was on my honeymoon...
when i stood up for myself and politely got in the agent and supervisors faces, my wife was worried for a minute we wouldn't be flying at all. she supports me though and knows that we will not fly again until the TSA is abolished. i will not subject myself, my beautiful wife and daughter to such indignities.

+1000

smellslikemichigan

Campaign Veteran
That story seems more fiction than fact, from the attempts to verify it I tried. Found this, which calls it into serious question:

http://www.elliott.org/blog/wheres-the-cafe-that-refuses-to-serve-the-tsa/

Also, searching on the name of the person reported there and other relevant search terms pulls up nothing giving credibility.

Do you have any info verifying this story?

no, that's why i said this:
"i saw that, the deli remains un-named. i wish we knew if it were true or not. i would write them a thank you note expressing my full support."