• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

be carefull sending emails to anti-citizens politicians

papa bear

Last edited:

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Don't know why my situation came to your mind. Totally different sets of circumstances.

I support the action to charge that guy and seize his firearms - at least until his actual level of threat and mental stability can be determined. No matter how upset one is, one should not make threats against the life/safety of another. There are better, more effective methods of expressing displeasure regarding pending legislation or personal affronts.

stay safe.

Claytron

Don't know why my situation came to your mind. Totally different sets of circumstances.

I support the action to charge that guy and seize his firearms - at least until his actual level of threat and mental stability can be determined. No matter how upset one is, one should not make threats against the life/safety of another. There are better, more effective methods of expressing displeasure regarding pending legislation or personal affronts.

stay safe.

I dont see how he threatened anyone.

If i say "If you let godzilla free in the US then the same thing that happened in japan is gonna happen here!!!" is that really a threat or is that person just stating what they think will happen?

"If you let that no-seatbelts bill pass then more people are going to die!" What about that? If you stated more people would die because YOU were going to kill them then yes that sa threat, but in the end we dont really know what was said unless we can hear audio.

Notice that they only quoted a few things the man supposedly said such as "bullets will fly" and "theres gonna be another tucson".... Crappy thing about that is he could have said "Ma'am, i believe in my rights and i am scared that if this bill passes that *theres gonna be another tucson*"... and because they choose not to print those parts, you get a totally different viewpoint of the man.

papa bear

sorry skidmark i must have miss understood what happened to you i thought your situation came from you "pointing your finger in a threatening way", for that i do apologize and did not intend to offend you

as i said i am apt to believe the gun owner in CT, over the anti-citizen zealot politician. i do think that anything we say can and will be used against us

eye95

Oh, I absolutely believe that he said what was reported. I also believe that he meant the criminals, who will not hesitate to violate the new law, will be more empowered by it than LACs will be, and, for that reason, events like the Gifford shooting will become more likely in CT.

I am not sure this was handled well by the authorities. By all means, they needed to look into this guy to determine if he was a wacko who would kill legislators in response to the passage of legislation with which he disagreed. But, to arrest him and seize his property?

No. I think they overreacted.