Thread: Anybody use Laser Max guide rods?

Anybody use Laser Max guide rods?

I'm looking for lasers for a Taurus PT92, and since it's already hard enough finding a holster for them, I was thinking about getting a Laser Max instead of a Viridian and putting it on the rail.

Does anybody have experience with these? I was told the dot is extremely small and hard to see compared to all other lasers (viridian, crimson trace, etc)
    Molon Labe

[+=] Eleftheria i thanatos [+=]

I have one on a XD40 service. went with it because I did not want to try more holsters. LOVE it. use it at 25 yards no problem.

Regular Member carry for myself's Avatar
    had one in my glock 19. worked beautifully for about 8 months. then the recoil force that slammed it over and over a few hundred times knocked it off target at first. then eventually killed it. $400 down the drain. was amazing when it worked however
    i would rather run out of blood, breath and life. and die fighting. than run out of ammo , and die with my pants down -Tom Scantas

I've considered these myself. I really like the idea, but I'm not convinced that the product is durable enough to withstand years of use. It's also an expensive accessory for a $500 gun.

Regular Member carry for myself's Avatar
    only worth it if you have 2 of the gun your going to put it in. 1 to train with . and one to put the lazer max in that will only be fired in self defense. its worth the $400-$500 for a few months but as i said .......it will break with abuse. so if your gonna buy one, dont shoot it alot lol
    i would rather run out of blood, breath and life. and die fighting. than run out of ammo , and die with my pants down -Tom Scantas