• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Anybody use Laser Max guide rods?

MikeTheGreek

I'm looking for lasers for a Taurus PT92, and since it's already hard enough finding a holster for them, I was thinking about getting a Laser Max instead of a Viridian and putting it on the rail.

Does anybody have experience with these? I was told the dot is extremely small and hard to see compared to all other lasers (viridian, crimson trace, etc) :eek:

carry for myself

had one in my glock 19. worked beautifully for about 8 months. then the recoil force that slammed it over and over a few hundred times knocked it off target at first. then eventually killed it. $400 down the drain. :cry: was amazing when it worked however

cbpeck

I've considered these myself. I really like the idea, but I'm not convinced that the product is durable enough to withstand years of use. It's also an expensive accessory for a $500 gun.

carry for myself

only worth it if you have 2 of the gun your going to put it in. 1 to train with . and one to put the lazer max in that will only be fired in self defense. its worth the $400-$500 for a few months but as i said .......it will break with abuse. so if your gonna buy one, dont shoot it alot lol