• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Kind of a bummer day

LMTD

Accomplished Advocate
Not going to air my issues though, looking to brighten it up. by 730 plan on being down on the historical brick road in st charles looking for a spot to grab a bite.

Anyone is welcome, me and my lady are going to see if the carriage rides are open etc.

If you know my number give me a call, otherwise I am right handed :)

say hi if you get the chance and have a good weekend folks!

LMTD

Accomplished Advocate
Walked the brick sidewalk, took the fiance on a carriage ride, had dinner at Spiros.

The owner was outside of Spiros with a server, they commented on my truck. Then the employee commented on my firearm.

"That's a nice truck and a nice pistol too!"

" I take em both in the woods, and I am a Springer fan" was my reply.

Great evening after a crappy day!

LMTD

Accomplished Advocate
Main Street on a Saturday night? Gutsy call. It get's pretty ghetto down there.

LOL

When you spend about 70 hours a week in Kinloch, Berkeley, and Coolvalley it is very very hard to refrence any part of St Charles county as ghetto, it just never seems to fit!

LMTD

Accomplished Advocate
I won't argue with that, but the past few times I've been down there it's been one fight after another.

Last night may have been an oddity, I would guess the average age of citizens we saw in the near 40 range, some with children in tow. A great deal of the shops remain closed so it was likely folks similar to ourselves whom just wanted to be out in the great weather.

Usally the drunken brawls and such are a post 8 or 9pm thing due to excessive bravado induced by adult beverages and incorrect evaluations of phallic size representations.

cash50

I won't argue with that, but the past few times I've been down there it's been one fight after another.

You carry a gun around for everyone to see, and you're squeamish about a fight?

Not that I wanna be around a-holes constantly but hey I go down there.

Last edited:

StevenSTL

You carry a gun around for everyone to see, and you're squeamish about a fight?

Not that I wanna be around a-holes constantly but hey I go down there.

I wouldn't call it squeamish. I'm to attractive to take a punch to the face. :lol:

I definitely go down there as well. Good drink specials and I always know people at every bar. But that doesn't take away from the fact that it's starting to get pretty bad down there.

LMTD

Accomplished Advocate
Well couple of things here.

Steve I take it you are being some what serious about this, I thought at first you were joking around.

I have not heard of this crime element down there at all. Bout the only thing I have heard about is complaints about the bar music being too loud.

Perhaps they should require open carry down there to promote more polite behavior :)

I typically do not frequent areas known for trouble. I am not real tolerant and I do not need any issues I do not already have of my own doing. I just havent witnessed any kind of concerning behavior down there at all. There is usally a pretty high police presence down there and folks are just strolling about having a good time.

StevenSTL

Well couple of things here.

Steve I take it you are being some what serious about this, I thought at first you were joking around.

I have not heard of this crime element down there at all. Bout the only thing I have heard about is complaints about the bar music being too loud.

Perhaps they should require open carry down there to promote more polite behavior :)

I typically do not frequent areas known for trouble. I am not real tolerant and I do not need any issues I do not already have of my own doing. I just havent witnessed any kind of concerning behavior down there at all. There is usally a pretty high police presence down there and folks are just strolling about having a good time.

During the day it's perfectly fine. Honestly, even at night it's not THAT bad. It's just college kids fighting when they're drunk at a bar. But really that doesn't happen until around Midnight or later. When I made my original statement I didn't consider what time you were down there.

cash50

Kellogg, maybe on Halloween??

I have a special place in my heart for the blonde (female) cops patrolling main. SCPD does have some decent talent.