• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

April 9th, Panera Bread, Iconic downtown Crown Center! Role call!

ChiangShih

April 9, 2011 @ 04:00 p.m.
Panera Bread
2405 Grand Boulevard, Kansas City, MO

Whos gonna show?

Big Boy

I apparently just got the **** end of the stick at work and will be working. Should hopefully make the next one. Mad enough that this makes two in a row.

StevenSTL

I was just in KC this past weekend. Awesome city. I felt much safer in KC than I do in STL. I'm honestly thinking about moving out that way now.

chakragod

I don't think the wife and I will be able to make this one. I recently lost my job and we're really strapped for money atm. I might even have to sell one of my guns -.-

afcarry

say it isn't so! rabble rabble rabble economy rabble. I think ill show briefly with the little buddy. if he behaves, then well probably stay a little longer. If he doesn't, thats unfortunate.

chakragod

Well, it was more of a fat ******* of a boss that didn't like me for reasons unknown...so he was looking for any excuse to fire me. Im thinking about pawning my XDm so we can at least get through this month and hopefully I'll have a job by then to buy it back =\

Back to the ol' Hi-Point I guess..:eek:

ChiangShih

Well, it was more of a fat ******* of a boss that didn't like me for reasons unknown...so he was looking for any excuse to fire me. Im thinking about pawning my XDm so we can at least get through this month and hopefully I'll have a job by then to buy it back =\

Back to the ol' Hi-Point I guess..:eek:

Noo! sell the hi-point! But seriously that really sucks. I've been looking for a job around here as well and it is not an easy market. Anyway, I hope things look up for you sooner rather than later.

That said, if I don't, someone else will. If you do find yourself needing to get rid of the XDm, pm me with what you're looking to get out of it :D !

kcgunfan

Having grown up in STL, and living in KC now, I have to say that I prefer KC substantially. Sure, our professional sports teams are not as good, but we've got very family friendly cities and activities. Especially if you live around the perimeter of the metro area. But, even the worst places in KC don't compare with the worst places in STL.

I'm hoping to make it. I've got some childcare arrangements to take care of. We'll see later.

Last edited:

mobodyguard

i just want to bring to everyones attention, that crown center does have armed security and could be on the edge if they see a person with a gun and KCPD just may be called and so everyone be on their A game and be very careful when dealing with one of their security guards

kcgunfan

i just want to bring to everyones attention, that crown center does have armed security and could be on the edge if they see a person with a gun and KCPD just may be called and so everyone be on their A game and be very careful when dealing with one of their security guards

It's looking like I will be able to make it after all. If you like, I can come unarmed (at least at first glance) and with a video camera. It doesn't really matter to me.

peterarthur

As always enjoyed seeing everyone. The weather was great, sun and a little breeze.
Every one stay safe and see you next time.

Had perfect weather and stayed for 3 hours! There were 3 security guards but I think they missed or ignored us. Maybe a BBQ next month, follow the other thread for that.

Also, I will probably open another thread for this, but I forgot to bring it up at the Panera meeting yesterday. I was thinking about a charity or community service event. Check the new thread for this and to respond with your ideas.

See you at the next one! (where's the pictures? :) )