• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

City's that do/don't allow open carry

repomasterstl

What I am looking for is where you guys find your local ordinances to research laws in different cities that I may want to visit. I have my ccw but to tell the truth I have never experianced an "oc" time. I would really like to give it a whirl. :banana: Any Ideas where to find ordinances?

lancers

What I am looking for is where you guys find your local ordinances to research laws in different cities that I may want to visit. I have my ccw but to tell the truth I have never experianced an "oc" time. I would really like to give it a whirl. :banana: Any Ideas where to find ordinances?

Municode.com
http://www.sullivanpublications.com/codeonline.html

Some cities like Kirkwood host their own ordinances on their website.

Do not try to experience OC in Maplewood, MO.

cash50

Most are on Sullivan.

I just google the city name (along with state so you get the right one) and go to their website, then click on ordinances.

There was also a list floating around here for a while.

peterarthur

Be very careful. Some cities/towns have outdated stuff on the books. I mean like RsMO that have been repealed still being cited as authority for their law. CCW is illegal type of language in some cases. Call the police department where you intend to OC and ask them about the applicable code. Read it to them if need be if you have any questions. If they say that it is correct and you know it is not, point that out to them, politely. Then, obviously, do not OC there, you will get "Maplewooded."

LOL... Maplewooded... new word.

Does it mean to get hauled in on questionable grounds and then embarrass yourself by saying dumb things on camera in jail? :D (sorry Lancers, it WAS dumb)
I don't think I will ever be "Maplewooded"... I enjoy all of my rights, including the 5th...

ChiangShih

Does it mean to get hauled in on questionable grounds and then embarrass yourself by saying dumb things on camera in jail? :D (sorry Lancers, it WAS dumb)
I don't think I will ever be "Maplewooded"... I enjoy all of my rights, including the 5th...

Lol, +1 for the 5th amendment.

HYRYSC

I wouldn't call the police, because I have done so before and have received personal opinion instead of law. If you are interested in what the law says, call the City Hall for the town in question and ask the city clerk to read the applicable "weapons offenses" section.

afcarry

Thats comedy. True and hilarious. I too have called the local PD and got personal opinion, but if you put your fist down verbally and say you want to know what the statutes say verbatim, then they'll usually give you a general area as to where to start your search, vague though it may be.