Thread: Uwharrie

High Point, North Carolina, United States

Uwharrie

There was a guy Ocing at Uwharrie off road trails.

Is it bad that i didn't go out of my way to tell him that he CAN NOT carry there unless its hunting season.( unless unless its a 12ga or a .22)(cause i could not catch up with him)
    Last edited by Preble; 04-03-2011 at 10:39 AM.

Why can't he carry there?
    "They don't give a damn about any trumpet playing band
    It ain't what they call rock and roll
    And the Sultans...
    Yeah the Sultans, they play Creole"

OCDO Member
    NCGO Member

I know that was the case before but I think now that the national parks carry law went into effect he is GTG.

Quote Originally Posted by jerz_subbie View Post
    I know that was the case before but I think now that the national parks carry law went into effect he is GTG.
    That's my thinking as well, can OP clarify the specifics here?
    And the Sultans...

OCDO Member
    NCGO Member

Nevermind, as mentioned in another thread Uwharrie is a nation forest NOT a national park.

Ah. As I pointed out in another thread, I disagree with the Commission's interpretation of the statutes from which they draw their authority. Given the rest of the language in the statute, I don't believe that a gun ban could be considered 'reasonable.'
    And the Sultans...

OCDO Member
    NCGO Member

National Forest, and ITS a Gameland.
    Last edited by Preble; 04-03-2011 at 09:02 PM. Reason: miss spelling of national

To the OP

It is our duty to inform those who do not know the law... but at the same time we should know the laws before we go out and carry anywhere. I am a firm believer in the idea that if you don't know the rules you can't play the game.

Quote Originally Posted by .40 Cal View Post
    It is our duty to inform those who do not know the law... but at the same time we should know the laws before we go out and carry anywhere. I am a firm believer in the idea that if you don't know the rules you can't play the game.
    It's not our duty to inform, it's our duty to BE informed. Just as it was the guy in Uwharrie's duty to be informed. If you find yourself in a situation where you observe someone unknowingly breaking the law, it is certainly nice to inform them if it is reasonably practical to do so, but the responsibility belongs to the one engaging in the activity, not the observer.
    And the Sultans...

OCDO Member
    NCGO Member

Quote Originally Posted by sultan62 View Post
    It's not our duty to inform, it's our duty to BE informed. Just as it was the guy in Uwharrie's duty to be informed. If you find yourself in a situation where you observe someone unknowingly breaking the law, it is certainly nice to inform them if it is reasonably practical to do so, but the responsibility belongs to the one engaging in the activity, not the observer.
    +1
    "God, Guns, & Guts Made America, Lets Use All 3!!!"

How about when the public comment period comes up next fall for the NCWRC we hammer them with emails asking to change it?

Preble, folks will argue with you about it and might blow you off. And to be honest, although it's the law it seems to be enforced rather hit or miss. So it's worth a mention if you get the chance, but not worth an argument. Are you sure it was not a .22? I've kicked around the idea of getting a .22 conversion for my Glock for this and cheap shooting.

Quote Originally Posted by chiefjason View Post
    How about when the public comment period comes up next fall for the NCWRC we hammer them with emails asking to change it?

Preble, folks will argue with you about it and might blow you off. And to be honest, although it's the law it seems to be enforced rather hit or miss. So it's worth a mention if you get the chance, but not worth an argument. Are you sure it was not a .22? I've kicked around the idea of getting a .22 conversion for my Glock for this and cheap shooting.
    Yeah i'm sure it was a full size, made sure i looked at the barrel size before I even thought about it.

I was going to say something, but it was to late cause I was Riding the trails and he was watching everyone ride. and we got in a traffic jam and he got to far away....

I fell kinda bad about it...but not really...

man .22 are cheap you can almost buy a whole new .22 for what one of them Kits cost.
    I bought a GSG 1911 for like 300$