• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Let the Battle Begin

LMTD

Accomplished Advocate
If one repeatedly fired their 1911 into the yard, could they claim they were simply aerating the lawn? Is there a law regarding the tool? Would the neighbor in frustration file a complaint about the introduction of lead into the soil and turn your front yard into a superfund site?

lol

Lay about 4" of baserock and you will not need to worry on the green thing, just hit it with the blower to get rid of the leaves!

kcgunfan

A new season of yard work begins. Battling the weeds and grubs. OC while engaging in combat with weeds, grubs and the hunt for a Wrigley Field lawn. I'll let ya'll know how that works out for me. May get interesting....or not.

I think you mean Busch Stadium, or are you a Cubbies fan? You St. Louis guys better be careful expressing anything but hatred of the Cubs. That would be like being a Mets or Blackhawks fan.

kcgunfan

Heh, I'm in KC, what do I know about baseball? I don't blame you for being upset about the 94 debacle. That was disgraceful. But then again the 04-05 hockey lockout was pretty bad also, and it looks like the NFL is headed that way also... Looks like NASCAR and golf win.

kylemoul

um...really?

i guess those LEO's dont clean their guns at proper intervals.
i too would of like to hear that one

peterarthur

This has absolutely nothing to do with baseball....I'm still peeved and not a fan of the game any longer due to the 94 strike.

I am a fan of a great looking lawn and Wrigley is the best in my opinion.

Ditto. No pro sports at all since that strike. Those overpaid jackasses can take someone else's money. I have other things to do... :D

peterarthur

Must not carry Glocks either...

I TRY to make my Glock not work. Mud, water and zero care have not stopped it and 5000 rounds later not one single misfeed or misfire.

OK, to be fair, I use my fingers to wipe the big chunks of mud off so it will go in my holster. The rest dries and falls off eventually or washes off when I do yard work in the rain. Funny thing, the barrel always looks sparkly clean, even after a day at the range, almost like it has some built in dirt and carbon repellent.

I guess I might clean it one of these days, just out of gratitude...

woodchuck114

I just literally LOL'd at the aerating of the lawn. My mole problem had me so fired up that i decided to take my little .22 revolver and some CBEE rounds and do a little bit of "yard work" myself. The traps weren't working, but since then I haven't seen any more tunnels pop up. Maybe I got lucky. ( I live in the county, and I was safe about it for anyone that may question my methods)