• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Oc bbq

afcarry

yes, that one. the idea was thrown out there a while ago, possibly have a shoot&food meet. I still think it would be awesome, maybe Im all alone there. If so, then oh well.

kcgunfan

sounds good to me, but like Chiang said if there is not alot of resources than it would not be the best place to go

From what the DOC site says, it has nearly 0 resources. Even the camping is primitive camping. Don't worry though, I can throw a chipmunk on my manifold on the way out...

Or, we could go to Parma Woods ( http://mdc4.mdc.mo.gov/Applications/MOATLAS/AreaSummaryPage.aspx?txtAreaID=9526 ) I don't see any grills, but I could be wrong. If not though, Parkville is just a few miles away. If there's interest, I can go and scout.

peterarthur

Need to find a decent public park where we can OC and have the whole family to help further illustrate the normalcy of our lives. I would offer my back yard but it is very private... well, might throw that out anyway (after I confer with my queen)...

mobodyguard

Need to find a decent public park where we can OC and have the whole family to help further illustrate the normalcy of our lives. I would offer my back yard but it is very private... well, might throw that out anyway (after I confer with my queen)...

Right to put a focus that. this would be a family event for all those that OC families

NG19

Here in Warrensburg there is a park that would work, and if we want to do a shoot and food meet then 23 range would be good. I would be willing to bring my grill and take all the trash. Everyone would need to bring chairs and if anyone had a collapsible table that would be great.

kcgunfan

Or, we could go to Parma Woods ( http://mdc4.mdc.mo.gov/Applications/MOATLAS/AreaSummaryPage.aspx?txtAreaID=9526 ) I don't see any grills, but I could be wrong. If not though, Parkville is just a few miles away. If there's interest, I can go and scout.

Well, I went to Parma Woods yesterday. Really nice supervised range, an at a flat rate of $3/hour, not a bad price. They have pistol range out to 25 yards, and rifle out to 100 yards. About 15 lanes of each. But, the only other amenity was a walking trail with a few park benches. Plus, it's a little out in the sticks (although the walking trail starts at I-435...) Probably not the best for visibility.

DWCook

Activist Member
I be up for this 100%. I can try and help out if possible. I live on the Kansas side in Johnson County but I dont mind the drive specially if were all meeting to eat and shoot afterwards.