• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

One Gun...

merc460

I already have both... My Makarov 9X18 and AK-74 (5.45 X 39)
I am working on having the same pistol for each of my family members, only one left to buy. Also going to start on the rifle purchases. Less calibers to carry.

DevinWKuska

I am asking because I have presented two situations, If there is lawlessness and S has HTF, then I would want an AA12 with a 30 round drum and a Taurus Judge that would give me a choice of ammo to use. If there is Government lawlessness and stricter regulations have been inforced where you can only own certian guns, we would need to know what laws have been inacted and what regulations have been put in place. I think I would want either a S&W 50 handgun for long distance accuracy and power, or the judge giving me an option for different for different ammo in a short range situation, and a sniper rifle to try to stay out of a short range situation.

Hmm I was going to say the AA12 except it was stated to choose a rifle not a shotgun... so I would have to say mine would be Glock18 machine pistol, and since I cant have an AA12... I will have to say AK-47(yeah you dont get s*** in accuracy but it will never jam) fully auto selector of course!

SavageOne

The pistol I would want(and do want) is the Medusa Model 49. It will fire any auto or revolver round in the .355-.357 range. That's .380 auto, 9mm, .38, .38 special, .357 mag, just to name a few. I think it will fire something like 44 different modern calibers, and over 200 historical, all out of the same cylinder.

For the rifle I'll take the Savage model 24F predator. It's a .223 over a 12 ga. I have one and it is one of my favorite firearms(hence the screen name). The .223 allows for all different types of bullets and ammo and the 12 ga. also allows for different ammo for different needs. With a rifled choke in the 12, I am 6 inches high at a 100 yards with the right slugs.

Metalhead47

The pistol I would want(and do want) is the Medusa Model 49. It will fire any auto or revolver round in the .355-.357 range. That's .380 auto, 9mm, .38, .38 special, .357 mag, just to name a few. I think it will fire something like 44 different modern calibers, and over 200 historical, all out of the same cylinder.

For the rifle I'll take the Savage model 24F predator. It's a .223 over a 12 ga. I have one and it is one of my favorite firearms(hence the screen name). The .223 allows for all different types of bullets and ammo and the 12 ga. also allows for different ammo for different needs. With a rifled choke in the 12, I am 6 inches high at a 100 yards with the right slugs.

Do you mean the model 47? Couldn't find anything about a model 49. Fascinating gun tho, I didn't know such variety in caliber was even possible.

http://www.kitsune.addr.com/Firearms/Revolvers/Medusa_Model_47.htm

SavageOne

Do you mean the model 47? Couldn't find anything about a model 49. Fascinating gun tho, I didn't know such variety in caliber was even possible.

http://www.kitsune.addr.com/Firearms/Revolvers/Medusa_Model_47.htm

Yep, Model 47. Thanks for the catch. I wish they were still made. Today, those left are very expensive. Interesting story behind the company's demise. A major company kinda sandbagged them.

Here's another great article on the Medusa. Read the comments at the bottom, as J. Phillips(the creator of the Medusa) chimes in.

http://airbornecombatengineer.typepad.com/airborne_combat_engineer/2007/05/medusa_revolver.html

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
A nice Springfield 1911, (it's the 1911, no other explanation needed.) An AK-47, utterly reliable, easy to repair if necessary.

SavageOne

A nice Springfield 1911, (it's the 1911, no other explanation needed.) An AK-47, utterly reliable, easy to repair if necessary.

If you're going to choose a Springer 1911, why do you have as your Avatar a picture of a Rock Island Armory FS Tactical Two Tone? :) I'm a Rock man, can spot' em a mile away. I may have said I'd chose the Medusa, but in my heart I will always be a single stack 1911 nut.

Springer, Rock, Kimber,Custom, I'll raise my glass to the 1911 any day. Happy Birthday to the Genius of John Moses, may it reign another 100 years(yes I know the actual B-Day was back in March).

CarryHard

rifle would be a AK or AR-15
both with a 2x+ scope and bipod

side arm is going to be a glock always

you want a gun you can get ammo for
not some crap that nobody would have to trade

RedLegRider

That would be my Taurus PT-145 .45 ACP and Remington 700 SPS Tactical .308

GUNS003.jpg