Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: For Sale on OpenCarry.org?

Question For Sale on OpenCarry.org?

I don't see a "For Sale" listed anywhere. Is this site OK with sales & trades on the forum? If so, where is the correct place to post guns for sale/trade?

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/misc.php?do=showrules

(10) WE DO NOT ALLOW "FOR SALE" OR RAFFLE ADS: We use Google Ads to help cover the expenses of the forum and their rules specifically disallow the sale of firearms, ammo and accessories (including the raffle of such). The good news is that one of our newest sponsors, OutdoorsTrader.com offers just such a service.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Thanks, I must have glazed over that.

Do you know why sales are prohibited?

I do not know the reason. You'd have to ask John (Administrator) or Mike.

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

OK, thanks.

Some people have had luck using www.armslist.com. Seems to be the craigslist of guns.

Regular Member paul@paul-fisher.com's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cleveland View Post
    Thanks, I must have glazed over that.

Do you know why sales are prohibited?
    Must of glazed over that as well. Let me re-quote the rule. I'll highlight the part in question:

(10) WE DO NOT ALLOW "FOR SALE" OR RAFFLE ADS: We use Google Ads to help cover the expenses of the forum and their rules specifically disallow the sale of firearms, ammo and accessories (including the raffle of such). The good news is that one of our newest sponsors, OutdoorsTrader.com offers just such a service.
    Today 07:38 AMcleveland

Hahahahahaha! Thanks Paul, it looks like I glazed over it TWICE!

So let me get this strait. This pro-gun forum that is all about open carry, 2nd amendment, stand up for your rights, etc... is using an ant-gun advertiser that doesn't allow the sale of guns, ammo, etc... That has got to be the funniest thing I have heard all week. LOL!!!
    Last edited by cleveland; 04-04-2011 at 05:48 PM.

So let me get this strait. This pro-gun forum that is all about open carry, 2nd amendment, stand up for your rights, etc... is using an ant-gun advertiser that doesn't allow the sale of guns, ammo, etc... That has got to be the funniest thing I have heard all week. LOL!!!
    Agreed...
    Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid. Han Solo

http://buffaloholstercompany.blogspot.com/ Concealment holsters IWB, SOB, and belt slide. Open Carry too. New from Buffalo Holster, Women's holsters for concealment and or belt carry.

Very much agree
    http://youtu.be/xWgVGu3OR4U AACFI, Wisconsin / Minnesota Carry Certified. Action Pistol & Advanced Action pistol concepts + Urban Carbine course. When the entitlement Zombies begin looting, pillaging, raping, burning & killing..remember HEAD SHOTS it's the only way to kill a Zombie. Stockpile food & water now.

Please support your local,county, state & Federal Law enforcement agencies, right ???

I am a long time member of multiple pro-gun forums and EVERY ONE of them have a "for sale" section. How does this get fixed? No really, if the only reason that people on this pro-gun site are not buying and selling guns and ammo is because an anti-gun advertiser said so...

Who owns this site?

Quote Originally Posted by protias View Post
    I do not know the reason. You'd have to ask John (Administrator) or Mike.
    I am a long time member of multiple pro-gun forums and EVERY ONE of them have a "for sale" section. How does this get fixed? No really, if the only reason that people on this pro-gun site are not buying and selling guns and ammo is because an anti-gun advertiser said so...

Who owns this site?
    See my previous post.

John and Mike, are those their user names?

John and Mike, are those their user names?
    Administrator and Mike

I just sent him a message, we'll see what he says.

I just sent him a message, we'll see what he says.
    Kinda ballsy telling the owners what to do. I would assume if your single handedly replaced the revenue they would drop it. Why do you feel you need to sell stuff here? What does that have to do with Open Carry?

Quote Originally Posted by paul@paul-fisher.com View Post
    Kinda ballsy telling the owners what to do.
    I haven't told the owner to do anything. I asked him to weigh in on the topic.

Why do you feel you need to sell stuff here?
    I don't feel the need to sell anything. I feel the need to point out that it is strange for a pro-gun site to have a rule that seems rather anti-gun. That's why I asked him to weigh in on it. Perhaps it comes down to a misunderstanding.

If it is a misunderstanding, it is your misunderstanding. John and Mike have very consistently removed for sale ads. I'm not sure how you could misunderstand a fairly simple rule.

I'm not sure how else it could be interpreted other than 'WE DO NOT ALLOW "FOR SALE" OR RAFFLE ADS'.
    Last edited by paul@paul-fisher.com; 04-04-2011 at 10:21 PM.

LOL! OK buddy.

Quote Originally Posted by protias View Post
    http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/misc.php?do=showrules

On Outdoorstrader.com my user name is jsut plain Outddorsman (been there a while)... They have excellent deals on some really AWESOME weapons...AR's and such... and just about everything else under the sun. The only bad thing is they are out of (I think) Georgia and most will not ship (unless the seller and buyer can use a liscenced firearms dealer...which adds to the cost...

A good website for local WI. gun sales in http://www.lake-link.com in the trading post section inder guns...

Outdoorsman1

I don't see a "For Sale" listed anywhere. Is this site OK with sales & trades on the forum? If so, where is the correct place to post guns for sale/trade?
    I am just a little curious as to why you would ask the question here as you are already on the lake-link website I listed in my previous post with gun sales ok there...?????

Outdoorsman1 - aka "Captain Black" @ lake-link...

There are tons of places to buy/sell guns on the internet, and there are a lot of FFL's that accept shipment of firearms for out of state purchases. Ted's dinner on North Ave in Wauwatosa is who i use.

My point is this...the rules on this forum state that reason gun sales are prohibited is because Google Ads doesn't allow it. The pro-gun forum is following the rules of an anti-gun agenda. Isn't that the definition of hypocrisy?

I really don't care if this site allows gun sales or not, that's up to the owner of the site. My problem is with the reason that it's not allowed.

Kinda ballsy telling the owners what to do. I would assume if your single handedly replaced the revenue they would drop it. Why do you feel you need to sell stuff here? What does that have to do with Open Carry?
    + 1

Also I am not so sure "GOOGLE" is so much anti-gun as they are a WORLD WIDE highly used website on a DAILY basis and as such, considering some situations in other parts of the WORLD, I can understand and actually agree with their policy.

I apologize to others for all the capitalize words but I figured that way nobody would “glaze over” my point…

Outdoorsman1
    Last edited by Outdoorsman1; 04-05-2011 at 11:59 AM. Reason: correct quote

Quote Originally Posted by Outdoorsman1 View Post
    [/COLOR]

On Outdoorstrader.com my user name is jsut plain Outddorsman (been there a while)... They have excellent deals on some really AWESOME weapons...AR's and such... and just about everything else under the sun. The only bad thing is they are out of (I think) Georgia and most will not ship (unless the seller and buyer can use a liscenced firearms dealer...which adds to the cost...

A good website for local WI. gun sales in http://www.lake-link.com in the trading post section inder guns...

Outdoorsman1
    Actually it is www.outdoorstrader.net

Quote Originally Posted by Outdoorsman1 View Post
    Also I am not so sure "GOOGLE" is so much anti-gun as they are a WORLD WIDE highly used website on a DAILY basis and as such, considering some situations in other parts of the WORLD, I can understand and actually agree with their policy.
    Search "google antigun" in any search engine and you will see they are clearly anti-gun. I am sorry to hear that you would agree with that type of policy.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast