• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

For Sale on OpenCarry.org?

Outdoorsman1

I don't see a "For Sale" listed anywhere. Is this site OK with sales & trades on the forum? If so, where is the correct place to post guns for sale/trade?

I am just a little curious as to why you would ask the question here as you are already on the lake-link website I listed in my previous post with gun sales ok there...?????

Outdoorsman1 - aka "Captain Black" @ lake-link...

cleveland

There are tons of places to buy/sell guns on the internet, and there are a lot of FFL's that accept shipment of firearms for out of state purchases. Ted's dinner on North Ave in Wauwatosa is who i use.

My point is this...the rules on this forum state that reason gun sales are prohibited is because Google Ads doesn't allow it. The pro-gun forum is following the rules of an anti-gun agenda. Isn't that the definition of hypocrisy?

I really don't care if this site allows gun sales or not, that's up to the owner of the site. My problem is with the reason that it's not allowed.

Outdoorsman1

Kinda ballsy telling the owners what to do. I would assume if your single handedly replaced the revenue they would drop it. Why do you feel you need to sell stuff here? What does that have to do with Open Carry?

+ 1

Also I am not so sure "GOOGLE" is so much anti-gun as they are a WORLD WIDE highly used website on a DAILY basis and as such, considering some situations in other parts of the WORLD, I can understand and actually agree with their policy.

I apologize to others for all the capitalize words but I figured that way nobody would “glaze over” my point…

Outdoorsman1

Last edited:

Outdoorsman1

[/COLOR]

On Outdoorstrader.com my user name is jsut plain Outddorsman (been there a while)... They have excellent deals on some really AWESOME weapons...AR's and such... and just about everything else under the sun. The only bad thing is they are out of (I think) Georgia and most will not ship (unless the seller and buyer can use a liscenced firearms dealer...which adds to the cost...

A good website for local WI. gun sales in http://www.lake-link.com in the trading post section inder guns...

Outdoorsman1

Actually it is www.outdoorstrader.net

cleveland

Also I am not so sure "GOOGLE" is so much anti-gun as they are a WORLD WIDE highly used website on a DAILY basis and as such, considering some situations in other parts of the WORLD, I can understand and actually agree with their policy.

Search "google antigun" in any search engine and you will see they are clearly anti-gun. I am sorry to hear that you would agree with that type of policy.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
The simple answer perhaps is closer to the owners have considered it and selected to not allow for "FOR SALE" OR RAFFLE ADS of any type. Guns and ammo are specifically listed but not exclusive to the prohibition.I believe that I recall this decision was made before goggle ads was added.

AaronS

I think the question is worth asking. I don't think it should piss any of the Admins off. It is just a question. I guess I don't have a problem with the "no adds" rule, but now that it has come up I am interested as to why. Could be lawyer junk for all I know...

I know we do have members on the forum that are FFL holders. It might be worth talking to them if you are looking for a new gun.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
I think the question is worth asking. I don't think it should piss any of the Admins off. It is just a question. I guess I don't have a problem with the "no adds" rule, but now that it has come up I am interested as to why. Could be lawyer junk for all I know...

I know we do have members on the forum that are FFL holders. It might be worth talking to them if you are looking for a new gun.

We have many members that have houses, vehicles, long guns, dogs etc., but these are not permissible subjects except as they relate to RKBA generally (General Forum) or in a social context (Social Lounge)

One could ask why he cannot search for a hunting truck here - OCDO just does not offer that option. I can work with that too. Rules are rules and the site is private property and I am a guest here.

The primary objective of OCDO is the promotion/propagation of openly carried hand guns as we go about of daily routines - the focus is fairly narrow by design.

Claytron

If it is a misunderstanding, it is your misunderstanding. John and Mike have very consistently removed for sale ads. I'm not sure how you could misunderstand a fairly simple rule.

I'm not sure how else it could be interpreted other than 'WE DO NOT ALLOW "FOR SALE" OR RAFFLE ADS'.

Why act like such an ******* over something like this? Seriously? Its almost liek you guys would prefer that this entire forum consist only of pompous elitist ******** who already know everything there is to know. If you dont jhave the time nor desire to answer someones questions then why not just keep your mouth shut and not even bother, rather than act like a jerk?