• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Has the 'waiting period' been challanged?

civilwarguy

what gun stores allow OC? I know that a lot of outdoor stores allow it but every gun store I have been to says no firearms unless they are unloaded and cased. Only exception is when it is on the range.

Dam Road in delavan does.....

turbojohn41

How about trading in a hand gun? I had to laugh when I traded in my .357 desert eagle but had to wait to take the .41 home.

PT111

this waiting period thing has been particularly frustrating to me; my fav. gun store is nearly 25 miles away, one way. i'm not interested in dealing with anyone closer, for a number of reasons. twice now i have had to buy a gun, go home, then return to pick it up later in the week. gas aint free. and yeah, like someone said on here; if i walk in with a gun on my hip, why should i have to wait to buy another one?

side note; i was surprised after talking with the gun store owner how many people do NOT pass their background check. he said he submittted mine with 3 others; 2 of us passed, 2 failed.

Many of the dealers around here have started charging $25 or so to do the background check. The charge is waived if you pass and buy a gun. It is because so many do not pass and just keep going from store to store hoping that one will slip through. They are just wasting the time of the dealer knowning full well that they won't pass but act all surprised when informed that they failed.

smithman

Let's face it, one can generally do alot more with a long gun than with a handgun. This is why your handgun can be used to fight your way back to your long gun. As to why you need to wait to buy a handgun, it's silly. The background check doesn't take 2 days to complete. Oh, but its a "cooling off" period they say. Last I checked everybody is responsible for their actions whether immediate or delayed.