Thread: Camping/fishing open carry

Camping/fishing open carry

I live in jacksonville and recently went camping at Little Talbot island. I dont usually read the regular park rules sign but did this trip. I noticed that they do not allow open carry. I usually go to Hanna park and huguenot park for the beaches and havent noticed whether they do not allow as well. Does anyone know from experience what state parks do not allow open carry?

Not sure about here locally, havent checked yet. Hanna, most likely not...
    Just returned from camping myself, in the Keys, and there was nothing posted at the campgrounds there one way or the other. I open carried most of the time I was there, and no one so much as bothered to notice...

Fishing/Camping

I've never been the campgrounds on Little Talbot but I go fishing in Simpson's Creek and Myrtle Creek all the time and open carry. I'm not sure if the state park can ban open carry, though. Do you kayak fish?

Quote Originally Posted by Alude904 View Post
    I live in jacksonville and recently went camping at Little Talbot island. I dont usually read the regular park rules sign but did this trip. I noticed that they do not allow open carry. I usually go to Hanna park and huguenot park for the beaches and havent noticed whether they do not allow as well. Does anyone know from experience what state parks do not allow open carry?
    Please take a picture of the sign next time you go and post it or send it via pm to me. Thanks.
    Rich
    MSgt, USAF Ret.
    Executive Director
    Florida Carry, Inc.
    www.floridacarry.org
    Glock 23 RTF2
    Mosin Nagant M91/30 (1942 Izhevsk)

I dont fish too much. And im going to see if i can find park rules online.

Well they only have half of their rules online which are of course the main ones.

obviously this is illegal!hb 45 moved forward today,so hopefully we can sue their law breaking higher than you asses!